How Much For Thai Lady To Give Birth

westybrook

My wife had our son in an Army hospital in Nakhon Sawan 11 months ago. She was in the main ward for a couple of days and then she went into a private room at 700 Baht a day as the baby needed constant checking. She was in for 12 days and the total bill was less than 20,000 baht.

There were other mothers in the hospital in the main ward staying for 50 baht a night and as I understand it if you have no money then it is free. It was a good hospital though unfortunately 125 km away from where we live.

Tiw will be 1 on August 1st.

We had our baby in Udon last year. Many things can effect the cost; depending upon which hospital, type of delivery (natural vs c-section), and type of room selected. IMHO the best hospital in Udon area is the AEK Udon Hospital. They have a partnership with Phya Thai Hospital and Ramkhamhaeng Hospitals, have a decent number of staff that can speak English, the hospital is fairly new (therefore modern – built in 1997). We had a great experience there.

They offer at least three levels of care. Top level includes a suite that is basically a studio apartment. The middle level includes a very nice basic hospital room, and the third level is a shared room system. We used the middle level and were very pleased.

My wife had to have a c-section (more expensive than natural birth) and our total bill for everything from the time she checked in on Friday morning until she checked out on Sunday afternoon was just over 32,000 baht. Her prenatal care – visit prior to birth were generally less than 400 baht each.

There are at least six hospitals in Udon; AEK Udon, North Eastern Wattana Hospital, Udon Hospital, Paolo Memeorial Hospital, Khai Prajak, Chaikasaem Hospital. If you PM me I can send you the web site for AEK, and info on another web site that has good information on Udon in general.