Kasikorn Kredit Kard Credit Check

I'm thinking about applying for a Kbank credit card. On its website, one of the requirements is to give consent for a credit history check. Does anyone know if this is a Thailand-only check or will it include a check in previous countries of residence? I left Blighty many moons ago and think there might still be one or two small bills outstanding.

Thanks

"I left Blighty many moons ago and think there might still be one or two small bills outstanding." this made me laugh and I know exactly what Strangefish means as do many others I think.

Did you by any chance accidentally run the card/cards up to max before moving to Thailand?

I have the same concern actually but will just apply to Kasikorn and see what happens

No, the credit check is only a local one. If this is your first application for credit in Thailand, they won't have any record of you at the local credit bureau and a new file will be created.

Edited by KamnanT

I bank with Kasikorn, and quite frankly they are utterly incompetant.

I have a work permit, long visa and a job where I pay more income tax per month than most of them earn. I have an impeccable credit rating back in Australia.

I applied for a credit card, and do you think they checked anything? No, just declined it.

Having read bits and bobs here, it is apparent you need to bank with Citibank in order to get anything here in this country. I was not ready for such an anti-foreigner attitude here.

I have applied and recieved credit cards from foreign banks here in Thailand, such as Standard Chartered and Citibank. I was going to apply at Bangkok Bank and they required a security deposit as the manager said BBK was not offering credit cards unsecured any longer to foreigners due to high losses on their cards. I was also turned down by another local bank because I had a work permit for less than 1 year with the same company, my previous work permit was for more than 1 year but they did not consider that, told me to come back after 1 year with the same employer.

I have learned however, much can be done in the local branch, there are many posts here of others who have had good relationships with bank staff or managers and they bypass a lot of these issues, it appears that some banks give their managers some latitude in making decisions.

For what its worth that is a bit of my experience.

Cheers

C

For my Thai gf with income on personal account of 300k+ per month it has been almost impossible to get personal loan, they all want a land title.

Anyone know who best to try for unsecured loan?

Also which banks best for CC, and who has the lowest interest rates. They seem to be higher than the rates offered by loan sharks!!!

I have applied and recieved credit cards from foreign banks here in Thailand, such as Standard Chartered and Citibank. I was going to apply at Bangkok Bank and they required a security deposit as the manager said BBK was not offering credit cards unsecured any longer to foreigners due to high losses on their cards. I was also turned down by another local bank because I had a work permit for less than 1 year with the same company, my previous work permit was for more than 1 year but they did not consider that, told me to come back after 1 year with the same employer.

I have learned however, much can be done in the local branch, there are many posts here of others who have had good relationships with bank staff or managers and they bypass a lot of these issues, it appears that some banks give their managers some latitude in making decisions.

For what its worth that is a bit of my experience.

Cheers

C

First apply at some foreign bank here in thailand such as AMEX and then after few months try applying at some local bank such as KTC(Krungthai Bank).