Mobile Reception

Lost in LOS

My village in jomtien has a really weak mobile signal, usually 0-1 bars. I have seen somewhere on the internet, in the past, a device to increase the signal in a house. Do they have them here and if so, what are they called and where can I get one ?

Some phones have little round rubber plug on the back that when removed allow connections of external antenna. You would need to purchase external antenna and proper cable to connect phone to antenna.

Another option is mobile phone signal booster. A kit would come with amplifier, outside antenna, indoor flat antenna and necessary coax cable to make connections. This method requires no wired connection to phone.

You can check at Tucom in Pattaya. Another option would be auto shops that sell and install signal boosters for vehicles.

Some phones have little round rubber plug on the back that when removed allow connections of external antenna. You would need to purchase external antenna and proper cable to connect phone to antenna.

Another option is mobile phone signal booster. A kit would come with amplifier, outside antenna, indoor flat antenna and necessary coax cable to make connections. This method requires no wired connection to phone.

You can check at Tucom in Pattaya. Another option would be auto shops that sell and install signal boosters for vehicles.

thanks I have an iphone the wireless one will work better........will go to tuk-com

Edited by Lost in LOS

thanks I have an iphone the wireless one will work better........will go to tuk-com

Having an iPhone makes no diference with regards deciding which option to go with. I'm presuming you mean your signal to your mobile network of course and not Wi-Fi?

If it is mobile network issues then all of the above is the way to go. If it's Wi-Fi then other and possibly more simple options may be available for you.

Always bear in mind though, some phones pick up signals better than others and in my experience the cheap nasty phones tend to get better reception than more expensive models

Good luck with it though

Having an iPhone makes no diference with regards deciding which option to go with.

It will make a difference as the iPhone has no port for an external antenna. That said, there are antenna patch cables which don't need an antenna port - those designed for the iPhone will boost the signal with a technique known as "inductive pickup" - for example see http://www.citytechn...products_id=227

Edited by someoneelse

My village in jomtien has a really weak mobile signal, usually 0-1 bars. I have seen somewhere on the internet, in the past, a device to increase the signal in a house. Do they have them here and if so, what are they called and where can I get one ?

Which mobile phone company are you using?

Have you tried any of the others?There can be big difference bettween them with location of towers etc