Personal Training In Bangkok

eslteacher

I have a degree in Kinesiology and would like to work as a personal trainer here in Bangkok or anywhere else in Thailand. I am currently teaching English and am enjoying it but would like to pursue a career more related to my field after I finish off my contract.

The problem is I dont have a personal training certification which is required back in my home country. Does anybody know what fitness gyms hire foreigners and would you know what qualifications they would need to have ie. certifications etc. What are some of the popular fitness centres here in Thailand? I've heard of California Wow, Fitness first etc. Any others?

Thanks

Why don't you go home and get qualified teacher status on top of your degree? it would take 2 academic years..

then you could come back at 80k plus per month working as PE teacher or similar at international level etc

Sounds like an idea, but I dont want to go home yet. lol.

Wikipedia definition of Kinesiology - from the Greek words kinesis (movement) and kinein (to move), also known as human kinetics, is the science of human movement. It is a regulated health profession that focuses on physical activity.

Possible careers - physiotherapy, chiropractor, occupational therapist, personal trainer etc.

You can try at any of the Fitness First Platinum clubs. All of them have Kinesis equipment with local personal trainers and as far as i know, they are not specifically certified for or hold a degree in Kine..ology. Maybe with your degree, you could score a hit and train these 'trainers'.