Best Hotel In Udon Thani

rocketmanbkk

Please can any residents or recent visitors to Udon Thani let me hav etheir views on the nest hotel?

I came a few years agao and I am sure I stayed at the Charoen Grand (cannot really remember) but to be honest it was listed as a 4 star but I would hav egiven it two!! The pol was crap, th erooms crap an dthe other bits crap!!! Th eonly good thing was the location and the free airport pick up (which was a fluke as we were about to get a taxi and saw their mini bus so just jumped on!!).

I have now looked on teh WWW and have seen the Centara among others.

The Centara looks good but I have no idea where it is, the pool looks goog, I have a 5 yo who will want to swim (all day) and so this is really important we get this right or I will have a bired child which i do not want!

Any comments very well received.

Kind regards

I have seen a post on this place... im going to give it a try next time I am in town....This is way up there compared to the other hotels in Udon

Prajaktra Design Hotel<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">“Boutique Hotel & Resort in Udon Thani”<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">ถ.ศุภกิจจรรยา ริมหนองประจักษ์ ต.หมากแข้ง อ.เมือง <br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">จ.อุดรธานี 41000<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Tel : + 66 042 240-444,042-222-031, 042-343-191<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Fax : + 66 042 240631<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Email:[email protected]<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Website: http://www.Prajaktrahotel.com (under construction)

The Prajaktra is very nice and is a modern boutique style hotel overlooking Nong Prajak lake and park.

They have a very nice restaurant on the top floor,overlooking the lake and a coffee shop downstairs.

Currently they have a promotion for superior rooms (1600 baht lake facing and 1300 baht inward facing)including breakfast.

A couple of downsides is that the pool is not yet finished and,if you dont have your own transport,a saamlaw into town will cost you 100 baht.

But depends how much the pool and location means to you.....The Prajaktra is certainly far superior to the Centara (ex Charoensri Grand).

The Napalai hotel has a great pool. We stay there all the time because our 3 kids love their swimming pool. It is very big and also has a seperate shallow pool. The hotel itself is decent, nothing fancy but has been clean and fine for us on our stays. Staff has been friendly and helpful in my opinion. It's been over a year but we will be back there next month swimming around.

:D

http://www.napalaihoteludon.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I visit Udon Thani regularly and stay at the President Hotel.

The pool is always clean with a shallow pool for kids.

The food at the restaurant is excellent and the staff quite friendly.

Few staff have good English but a 20 baht tip ensures great service.

It is a little way out from the city centre but 80 baht will get you there in a tuk-tuk (always one on the road outside the hotel) or 100 baht in the hotel van.

The rooms are clean with good A/C.

You can get a room on the same side as reception looking over the pool area.

The corridor on this side has windows looking over the airport so your 5 year old can see planes take off and land.

Airport noise is not a problem.

Normally a friendly one or two man (or woman) band plays nightly in the restaurant which I have never seen full, rowdy or sleazy so still suitable to take a 5 year old.

Breakfast is best with fresh eggs cooked to your liking when you order.

The price is reasonable and free internet has good speed. TV is reasonable. You may find some cartoon shows, probably in Thai language.

This place suits me just to go to and do 'nothing' for a day or two.

Enjoy your trip to Udon. I always feel at home there.