Sucessful Business By A Foreginer In Thailand

"Well the rule here depends on the "nationality" of the business owner (americans, europeans for example have investment related privileges as compared to indians)."

= absolute rubbish ahmmm... i mean incorrect information.

"Well the rule here depends on the "nationality" of the business owner (americans, europeans for example have investment related privileges as compared to indians)."

= absolute rubbish ahmmm... i mean incorrect information.

Expecting 100% foreign ownership is also subject to treaties and agreements between countries, if at all "nationality" is not an issue here.

@India, look up the "how to do business" section in http://www.boi.go.th. Best way to educate yourself with up-to-date info.

The business should be low risk and should be such that can be monitored form my home country India (4 hr flight form BKk). Of course I am willing to travel once every three months to Thailand and send a month at the business - meaning that presently - I can spend 4 months in a year in Thailand.

Bangkok could use a tailor shop.  Have you considered that? 

To be succeed in business here, not only easy for foreigners but also Thai. I would say you should think about customers target here. Then, you can ask yourself what kinds of products should I sell to them. What people in each locations like or want. People in that area are Thai or foreigners. I'm thinking over and over everday. I have not found the answer yet. Good luck ...