British Town

Belfastboy

Looks kind of surreal in the middle of Bangkok

British Town

Doesnt really look like any British town i have been to. :o where are the little skinhead smoking thugs in their tracksuits and hoodies :D and their bling bling 12 year old mother of one girlfriends, or the burnt out car which seems to be the new modern sculptures in all British towns these days. :D

I'm sure a little St Pauls estate in the middle of Bangkok would suit you better Daleyboy. :D

My mate used to work up the Thirkin (Firkin?) in Bristol. Is the Tequila Worm still there? I used to love drinking in a little Italian place at the end of I think Princes street/hill, cant remember its name but I set fire to a table with sambuca once when I tried to blow it out drunk, it was completly packed out and not one person noticed. :D

I think the place was called Ronaldos, Reneldos or something?

Had a good few trips up there actually, bottle of Voddy on the train from London and a heavy weekend. :o

Edited by bkkmadness

I'm sure a little St Pauls estate in the middle of Bangkok would suit you better Daleyboy. :D

My mate used to work up the Thirkin (Firkin?) in Bristol.  Is the Tequila Worm still there?  I used to love drinking in a little Italian place at the end of I think Princes street/hill, cant remember its name but I set fire to a table with sambuca once when I tried to blow it out drunk, it was completly packed out and not one person noticed. :D

Had a good few trips up there actually, bottle of Voddy on the train from London and a heavy weekend. :D

The Firkin is still here as is Tequilla worm although it is now known as Tequilla max (the one on Whitleladies road?) couldnt tell you what its like these days after been banned for throwing up over the balcony on to the people down below while on a rather heavy birthday session of 12 tequillas, 1 bottle of red wine and numerous vodka redbulls :D

Not to sure of the Italian place where in Bristol is it? city centre, Glos rd whieladies.

As for St Pauls this area is now on the up with lots of improvement to the area including getting rid of the black and white cafe. :o

I was thinking more of the Hartcliffe youths or maybe the Knowle West ones :D

I dont know either place, I only visited Bristol a few times before. Just looked them up and came upon a great site about chav areas of Britain, Dagenham I am proud to announce was written about in an article called "Dagenham - the jewel in the chav crown.' :D , pleased they mentioned Barking as well, makes me remember why I'm here and not there.

Ok, that Italian place, hmm, as far as I remember the Tequila worm is on a hill right, it was at the bottom of that hill (same side as the Tequila worm) heading towards a canal in the centre of town (some body of water anyways)? It was kind of on the corner and had big open windows and looked kind of posh but couldn't have been coz I doubt I would have been let in there. Buggin me now not knowing the name. :o

All my memories of Bristol are hazy to say the least :D but I have to say this Italian joint was wicked place for a late night pizza and sambuca and whiskey session.

I dont know either place, I only visited Bristol a few times before.  Just looked them up and came upon a great site about chav areas of Britain, Dagenham I am proud to announce was written about in an article called "Dagenham - the jewel in the chav crown.' :D , pleased they mentioned Barking as well, makes me remember why I'm here and not there.

Ok, that Italian place, hmm, as far as I remember the Tequila worm is on a hill right, it was at the bottom of that hill (same side as the Tequila worm) heading towards a canal in the centre of town (some body of water anyways)?  It was kind of on the corner and had big open windows and looked kind of posh but couldn't have been coz I doubt I would have been let in there.   Buggin me now not knowing the name. :o

All my memories of Bristol are hazy to say the least :D  but I have to say this Italian joint was wicked place for a late night pizza and sambuca and whiskey session.

Tequilla worm is at the bottom of Blackboy hill then you go down another hill called park street which takes you into the city centre which used to have a dock in the middle of it. The place your thinking of i think is now a chinese/Japanese restaurant. Was it opposite a big patch of grass and a flash hotel?

Edited by daleyboy

Yep, that I imagine was it, the dock was definately there and I'm sure a patch of grass, cant remember the hotel mind you, but it was blurry times. What a shame if that has gone, it was a cool place when I used to go there perhaps 6-7 years ago.

im not looking to move there beacause its's connection with the UK....just seems like a nice convinent place to live....have seen a ###### of alot worse in bkk.... :D

plus there seems to be a negative vibe from all u uk expats....mmm...got me wondering, where where the <deleted> u guys wud go if there was a sudden pandemic of bird flu in thailand on a massivde scale....i wud bet my last sheiling that u wud head straight back to the UK with open arms....

yeah its not perfect...but hey where is....and thailand is certainly far from perfect.... :o

thats why i moving there soon...lol :D .......

We had a setup like this back in vancouver- it was called "British Properties"... back in the day, you had to have the "dosh" and the pedigree to even be considered worthy of getting in (still as dysfunctional as any neighborhood, just nicer china;)... :o This bkk rendition doesn't sound that crass but I guess it's the assumed pretentiousness in the naming? :D

PS:

plus there seems to be a negative vibe from all u uk expats....mmm...got me wondering, where where the <deleted> u guys wud go if there was a sudden pandemic of bird flu in thailand on a massivde scale....i wud bet my last sheiling that u wud head straight back to the UK with open arms....

Most Brits I know who have been here awhile could give a toss about bird flu and the like. Bit more mettle than that :D

Edited by bahtandsold

My mate used to work up the Thirkin (Firkin?) in Bristol.  Is the Tequila Worm still there?  I used to love drinking in a little Italian place at the end of I think Princes street/hill, cant remember its name but I set fire to a table with sambuca once when I tried to blow it out drunk, it was completly packed out and not one person noticed. :D

Had a good few trips up there actually, bottle of Voddy on the train from London and a heavy weekend. :D

The Firkin is still here as is Tequilla worm although it is now known as Tequilla max (the one on Whitleladies road?) couldnt tell you what its like these days after been banned for throwing up over the balcony on to the people down below while on a rather heavy birthday session of 12 tequillas, 1 bottle of red wine and numerous vodka redbulls :D

Not to sure of the Italian place where in Bristol is it? city centre, Glos rd whieladies.

As for St Pauls this area is now on the up with lots of improvement to the area including getting rid of the black and white cafe. :o

Withywood would fit in nicely in South Pattaya I reckons....

:D

Edited by chonabot

I used grab a burger from Zorbas cafe on goodmayes on the way home from work (big fish shop on Chadwell heath high street?).  There was a little known knocking shop over the road from the station as well, my mate used to live across from it.

You must know the legendary 'Jakes Burgers' at Seven Kings? :D

I never had much time for Rainham, but my mate started a reptile shop up there so used to pop up there often enough in the end, opposite The Phoenix possibly the dreariest pub I've ever had the misfortune to enter.  :o

I used to go to Zorba's with my cousin (i was about 15) after the Cross Keys on a friday night. :D

Jakes is still the best burger shop.

I actually lived nearer newtons corner (Bretons) than rainham itself. :D

Withywood would fit in nicely in South Pattaya I reckons....

For Pedro -

I have some very valuable information on late talkers for you. These kids are also refered to as having lnaguage delay. some doctors peg them as high functioning autistic children.

There are some great vocabulary videos for late talkers. My son went from not talking at age three to using about 25 words in just two weeks with the videos.

I sent a couple of message to you with my phone number. I am married to a Thai and I own a house here - I am settled.