Someone Washed My Neckties!

Ijustwannateach

A well-meaning Thai who is apparently the only Thai in the world that doesn't know silk requires special care recently threw my neckties into the regular laundry. Some don't look too bad, but a couple of the best are wrinkled and out of shape. If I give these to a professional laundry can they be saved? Any other suggestions on salvage?

"Steven"

Steven -

I'm afraid it might be a lost cause! But I was able to save a tie that got caught out in the rain coming home from work by using some spray starch (Tops) and a very hot iron - ironed from the back of the tie not on the front. Try it! Hope it helps!

Stephan

I used to have a few of those 3-for-100baht ties that mostly ended up crumpled over time. Had a mute girl in my room once straighten them out while I was showering. Don't know what she did because I didn't even have an iron.

She was a free-lancer that actually made ties in Pratunam during the day. Trick of the tie trade maybe? :o

Why buy new when he may be able to fix these ones?  Good silk tie gotta be worth a few quid.

Sorry bkk i am one of the throw away generation being only 29 :D I am not one of the older generation who still darn their socks :o:D