Are You Wary Of Other Farangs?

Beetlejuice

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'nige' date='2010-07-16 17:44' timestamp='1279277063' post='3753136']

'Beetlejuice' date='2010-07-16 14:08' timestamp='1279271285' post='3752979']'somtampet' date='2010-07-16 13:12' timestamp='1279260749' post='3752611']

Beetle,

i wonder how many people knew Gary Glitter for years and thought he was such a nice guy.I find it very strange that you are wary of farangs,were you the same in your home country or is this a thailand paranoia.

Do you live in Bangkok???

My line of business that I have no wish to discuss my personal life on here and is strictly above board, takes me all over Thailand, south east asia and is based in Spain. I am presently staying in Lumphun for a few weeks.

My wariness of farangs was not as acute in my home country.

Astral?cool.gif

Would you then agree that the failure to give orgasms is also not a part of your private life ?

Perhaps , just perhaps , this is a part cause of your falure .

What a condescending bunch on here , I am happy to say that none of the other forums I contribute to are this socialy dissarranged , looking at the photo given as an example , how would you know what he is if he had not been convicted ? How can you possibly size up a person merely by thier looks ? I could relate stories of people I have know in my life who were looked down upon for thier looks , but it would be a waste of time , like one older man who lived in a home without electricity and collected newspapers on a childs 'Red-Wagon' . when he died he left a small fortune to charity and his block of apartment to be used by the homeless .

You are indeed , a very sad represention of humanity .

Says the guy who as posted here over 2,000 times - hypocrite.

It's not that I'm wary.. It's that I don't really care much about people. If someone means nothing to you, there's no real reason to be wary.

Note that this is not the same as snubbing everyone or assuming the worst. I don't assume anything, good or bad, and may enjoy having a chat, a laugh, a drink. Ultimately though, I have no investment in any kind of relationship beyond the present. And it applies to Farangs and everyone else equally.

I guess this is a long winded way of saying that I don't give a .... ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Left alone I would probably wear more comfortable clothes when I am out but my wife won't let me leave the house unless I am dressed nicely. I think that looking respectable in particular makes me more approachable to certain types of people. I.e. before I was married when wearing more comfortable clothes even though they were decent and clean I was more likely to be approached by different types of people than now. On the other hand, I find people approachable as long as they don't smell and are not unruly.

I mostly meet people in supermarkets like Carrefour, Tesco or Big C as I spend little time out on the street. I am generally open to meeting other people (farang or not) but I am often amused at other people reactions. If someone makes eye contact with me I will generally nod to acknowledge them or I will say hello if they are next to me. On some occasions I will get into a nice conversation with someone in line at the register.

My Thai wife and I are not that far apart in age and my Thai stepdaughter is in her twenties. One thing is quite clear, people will approach me much more often when I am alone. When I am with my wife fewer people will acknowledge me. When I am with my stepdaughter I am practically shunned.

Same as anywhere else I guess. Sure I can kinda tell where they may be from by the way the dress, carry themselves, or even where I see them. But I have been here so long that I really don't care much any more.

Fat old guy with a young Thai girl is for me the type i don't like to socialize with. I am talk big age difference and couples who cant even underhand each other.

I think many will tell you that such behaviour is second nature to some women regardless of communication. :whistling:

Hmmm seems you got me there.. i mean being able speaking the same language.. understanding woman is indeed practically impossible.. maybe that is why some like katoi's :D

List of men who married women old enough to be their daughters.

* Jim Carrey - Jenny McCarthy

* Elvis Presley - Priscilla

* Ronald Reagan -Nancy

* Brad Pitt - Angelina Jolie

* John F. Kennedy - Jacqueline Bouvier

* Prince Charles - Diana Spencer

* Donald Trump - Marla Maples

* Paul McCartney - Nancy Shevell

* Nicolas Cage - Alice Kim

* Robert Redford - Sibylle Szaggars

* Bruce Willis - Emma Heming

* Sylvester Stallone - Jennifer Flavin

* Steven Tyler - Erin Brady

* Michael Douglas - Catherine Zeta-Jones

* Paul McCartney - Heather Mills

* Harrison Ford - Minnie Driver

* George Hamilton - Kimberly Blackford

* Charles Bronson - Kim Weeks

* Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes

Did i really see you put Princess Diana in the same bracket as Heather Mills :o

Generally I give everyone the benefit of the doubt until you give me reason to avoid you. Hey; I'm a nice guy :-) However; reading some of the Thai bashing and negative drivel has made me wary of some of the people on this forum (and some others too). I also think that some people who are wary of all others are the type that everyone else should be wary of.

There is at least one other Thai website out there that makes the posters on Thai Visa seem like learned scholars and true gentleman in comparison. :ph34r:

Let me guess, it's Teak something or the other. dry.gif

I am neither wary of nor care too much about foreigners in my travels to Thailand or anywhere else around the world. I will be friendly and open to one and all until given a reason to suspect foul play or ulterior motives. Most scams usually start in one of only a few ways and once you are tuned-in to the graft, they are easy to avoid... The first sign is someone whom you do not know becomes overly friendly and has a once in a lifetime 'deal' for you. At which point I run, not walk to get away from them.

I'm Indian and farang generally avoid talking to me for fear they may inadvertantly end up buying an ill-fitting suit.

If I had realised that earlier, I would of asked you if you could of knocked me up a suit, long time ago...... :lol:

Ohh and back on topic, I hate all people the same, so none of this really matters to me.

Edited by neverdie