My Good Deed For The Day!

tigerfish

o.k. so here my good deed for the day. if like me you are a getting a bit tired of having to wait until god knows what time in the monring to watch sporting events and dont either have a sat dish or want to pay 100 baht for a beer and would rather watch in the comfort of your own home. heres what to do!

a good friend of mine on the rugby forum pointed me in the direction of this site.

1. go to the rugby forum post 212 and click on the link.

2. then click on the little golf ball at the top of the page.

3. a menu will appear showing all the golfing events. you will see the open championship and at the right hand side a little t.v. click on it.

4. then you will get a list of all the sites that are showing it through their links. go to the bottom of the page a click play where the site name is and i kid you not "iraqgoalstv"

once youve done that a screen will appear with live coverage from the bbc of this years open form st andrews. watched the whole 3rd round live last night without any problems. so much better to listen to the likes of peter allis, ken brown, mark james and wayne grady than some annoying twerp going oh hooo, mai dai, mai dee all night long.

enjoy!

should be a cracking final round especially if the wind gets up like has been doing for the last two days.

Edited by tigerfish

Followed your instructions to the letter and was presented with this message when trying to open Channel 7 of the Iraqgoalstv site:

"Channel blocked by Makeitlive"

It may have worked yesterday but not now. Any suggestions?

Followed your instructions to the letter and was presented with this message when trying to open Channel 7 of the Iraqgoalstv site:

hi Fore Man,

ive just tried it and it seems to be working fine!

the only thing i can suggest and not being all that clued up on all this computer jargin, is what browser are you using?

im on goolge chrome and it does say that when using the site that chrome is the recommended browser to use.

hope this may be of some assistants.

might be someone else out there that could point you in the right direction.

come on guys, sounds like Fore Man really wants to see the last round!

hi Fore Man,

ive just tried it and it seems to be working fine!

the only thing i can suggest and not being all that clued up on all this computer jargin, is what browser are you using?

im on goolge chrome and it does say that when using the site that chrome is the recommended browser to use.

hope this may be of some assistants.

might be someone else out there that could point you in the right direction.

come on guys, sounds like Fore Man really wants to see the last round!

Thanks; I was using Chrome as well. Site still blocked. Might be my ISP (3BB). Thanks anyway; guess I'm stuck with the Golf Channel.

I watched it on TrueVisions (UBC) all four days.

I always enjoy watching any tournament at the Old Course. I have played perhaps 100 rounds there and truly love the course. Watching it reminded me of many of my incidents and accidents there. I have had a 65 yard putt on the 5th which I 2 putted, followed by a 12 foot putt on the 7th which I promptly 4 putted. I did get a laugh when I saw where they had put the pin on the 5th.

I always enjoy the 17th and watching it dole out misery to the world's best as it has done to me countless times. I played the course three days after the Open in 1984 and it was still set up with the pins in the traditional fourth round places and the spectator stands still up. On the 17th that day, I was on the green in 2, 2 putted and had a 7 on the hole. Got a round of applause when I chipped in off the road for my 7.

My only disappointment was the wind. It would have been much more fun to watch if it was blowing in off the sea. Makes those shots a lot more interesting in a left to right wind on the closing 9 holes.

Anyway, Oosterhuizen played a masterful game and deserved the victory. He held up well under the pressure and did his job.

I watched it on TrueVisions (UBC) all four days.

I always enjoy watching any tournament at the Old Course. I have played perhaps 100 rounds there and truly love the course. Watching it reminded me of many of my incidents and accidents there. I have had a 65 yard putt on the 5th which I 2 putted, followed by a 12 foot putt on the 7th which I promptly 4 putted. I did get a laugh when I saw where they had put the pin on the 5th.

I always enjoy the 17th and watching it dole out misery to the world's best as it has done to me countless times. I played the course three days after the Open in 1984 and it was still set up with the pins in the traditional fourth round places and the spectator stands still up. On the 17th that day, I was on the green in 2, 2 putted and had a 7 on the hole. Got a round of applause when I chipped in off the road for my 7.

My only disappointment was the wind. It would have been much more fun to watch if it was blowing in off the sea. Makes those shots a lot more interesting in a left to right wind on the closing 9 holes.

Anyway, Oosterhuizen played a masterful game and deserved the victory. He held up well under the pressure and did his job.

i feel they have gone a little too far with some of the changes made to the old course at st andrews.

especially the 17th!

as peter allis said whilst commentating yesterday on the final round. " you could make the 17th a 380 yard par 4 and still see players struggling to make double bogey"

while i like to see these top pros being tested by all sorts of playing conditions, i felt that some of the edge was taken out of being able to attack such a hole as the 17th whilst still running the risk of of landing in the pot bunker or going long and having to play from the road/wall. if you look at a lot of the longer hitters yesterday who found the fairway, they were still coming up short with their second approach shots and it wasnt even that windy.

for a course with so many bunkers on hit, it looked like the players didnt have much problem from avoiding them. now whether this has much to do with where some of the new tees have been placed i dont know, but i was surprised not to see too many struggling with the sand.

their also seemed to be quite a lot of talk yesterday from the commentating team about where the pins had been placed for the final round. not the usual locations.

while i must admit that oosterhuizen stuck to his task well and deserved his victory. it just felt that you knew who was going to come out on top as the final group of players made the turn to play the back nine. in most majors though thats where all the fun starts to begin.

cant help but feel sorry for the young rory maclroy! but i guess thats the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

played a terrific first round and was one of the only players to go under par for his final two rounds(astonishing that in 13 rounds hes never had a round in the 70s on the old course). if only the gods had helped out with the elements in a different way maybe we would have seen far more entertaining final days play and maybe even a different champion.

just my opinion.

I tend to agree the extension of the 17th was unnecessary. In addition, they had to make the right side of the 16th green NOT an out of bounds with the extension. Previously, if you flirted with the right side of the 16th you could easily find yourself OB and playing stroke and distance. The pin on the 17th was not in the traditional Sunday placing as well. Normally it is closer to the Road Hole Bunker rather than in the middle of the long part of the green.

The best description of the 17th was given by Ben Crenshaw a number of years ago. A reporter asked Ben why the 17th was considered one of the hardest par 4s in the world of golf. Ben replied, "Because it's a par 5."

I also thought the pin on 13 was in a different place. Normally it is behind the pot bunker on the right. The pin yesterday was much more accesible in the new location.

I suppose they changed the pins due to expected winds.

I agree that Rory had the one bad round but he will be back another day and will likely win his share of majors. The way I look at it is he didn't handle his pressure day nearly as well as Oosterhauzen, thus he didn't win.

I tend to agree the extension of the 17th was unnecessary. In addition, they had to make the right side of the 16th green NOT an out of bounds with the extension. Previously, if you flirted with the right side of the 16th you could easily find yourself OB and playing stroke and distance. The pin on the 17th was not in the traditional Sunday placing as well. Normally it is closer to the Road Hole Bunker rather than in the middle of the long part of the green.

The best description of the 17th was given by Ben Crenshaw a number of years ago. A reporter asked Ben why the 17th was considered one of the hardest par 4s in the world of golf. Ben replied, "Because it's a par 5."

I also thought the pin on 13 was in a different place. Normally it is behind the pot bunker on the right. The pin yesterday was much more accesible in the new location.

I suppose they changed the pins due to expected winds.

I agree that Rory had the one bad round but he will be back another day and will likely win his share of majors. The way I look at it is he didn't handle his pressure day nearly as well as Oosterhauzen, thus he didn't win.