Magnificent All Blacks

The All Blacks clinched a crushing series victory over the 2005 Lions with an emphatic 48-18 success in Saturday's second Test in Wellington.

Daniel Carter was the star of the show with 33 points as the home side crushed the tourists inside the "Cake Tin".

Best side I have seen in over 50 years of watching rugby.

Well done.

Edited by Thomas_Merton

The All Blacks clinched a crushing series victory over the 2005 Lions with an emphatic 48-18 success in Saturday's second Test in Wellington.

Daniel Carter was the star of the show with 33 points as the home side crushed the tourists inside the "Cake Tin".

Well done.

Totally agree TM ,great win, evidentally the first time the Lions have ever con ceded 40 points in a test . :o

Well done.

If you didn't manage to see the game, you must get hold of a video or see a recording - parts of which, like Sitiveni Sivivatu's try, will be shown in training sessions the world over for years to come.

post-1263-1120299314_thumb.jpg

comment from the soapies required :o  :D  :D  :D

A Captain's Reply By Gareth Thomas - Wales and Lions captain:

People asked me whether leading the side out would be my proudest moment, but it was actually leading them off.

The 48-18 second Test defeat was one tough game, we were playing probably the best team in the world and they gave us a real lesson.

Despite the scoreboard, though, I never really felt that the game had slipped away from us.

Sometimes on a rugby field you can see heads dropping and people giving up, but that didn't happen once with any one of the side.

I don't know if I'll ever get over last week's first Test defeat in Christchurch, but I can easily get over this one.

We'd made a pledge to each other that we would not make the same mistake as in Canterbury where we came off saying 'what if', and feeling we hadn't really done much.

I don't fear failure or losing, I fear not trying, and not for one minute of the 80 did the guys not try.

There were people dead out on the floor, but still wanting to get back up and into the game.

We set out our stall to play for each other and did everything we could to turn them over, but sometimes you've just got to stick your hand up and say you were beaten by the better team on the day.

It was a great start with my try and for 10 minutes we were really on top of them - we knew how crucial it was to lay down the challenge and show we were here to play rugby.

But the game is played over 80 minutes and you can't deny that they were better over that period.

I don't think there's much doubt that New Zealand are the best team in the world and lethal from one to 22, but I don't feel there's a big gap between the northern and southern hemispheres.

I don't want to use the fact that we're drawn from four different countries as an excuse because that's what the Lions are all about and other tourists have overcome that difficulty.

We did try a more adventurous approach this time, something that has been successful for Wales this season.

But the way Wales play has taken three-to-four years to develop and it's difficult to achieve in three-to-four weeks.

It's all about next week now, playing for the traditions of the Lions and for the badge.

We're under no illusions. New Zealand played the perfect game in Wellington, but they're more than capable of repeating that performance.

I wouldn't take the field if I didn't think we could win - and neither would any of the other players.

Everyone in this tour party is from a different background, but we all play rugby because we're proud people.

We've got to go away, analyse the match, and come back with something special.

I'm not leaving this country without giving everything.

From: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...nal/4644163.stm

Edited by Thomas_Merton

Dame Clive spins again....

Sir Clive Woodward did his best to maintain a 2005 Lions tradition - putting positive spin on another demoralising result.

A week after their Christchurch calamity, the Lions at least played with some passion and purpose, but hopes of taking a one-sided Test series into an Auckland decider next Saturday were smashed beyond repair.

It was the most number of points ever conceded in a Test match by any Lions team, stretching back 114 years, and their second-heaviest defeat following a 38-6 All Blacks thumping in 1983.

The most expensive Lions tour of all-time - an estimated ฃ10million in the making - was consigned to rugby's scrapheap, as World Cup winner Woodward's dream of toppling New Zealand on home soil ultimately proved to be nothing more than pure fantasy.

New Zealand, led in virtuoso fashion by fly-half magician Dan Carter, wrapped up the series with one game remaining, and they will be overwhelming favourites to complete a 'blackwash' at Eden Park next weekend.

Woodward though, chose to highlight a vast improvment by his team, while seemingly neglecting the final scoreline and thousands of Lions fans who have now seen their heroes concede 69 points and seven tries in two Tests.

"There was nothing more we could have done - no-one gave up," said Woodward, as Lions spin doctor Alastair Campbell looked on.

"They scored at critical times, but we were playing against a very good team here. From the Lions' point of view, we got so much right, but the score got away from us.

"I don't think it was a hiding, that is too harsh. I thought the Lions did very well, but the better team won.

"Personally, I believe it has been a successful trip. I've lost a lot of games (in his coaching career), yet just because you lose, you haven't got to be down on yourself. I think from the Lions' point of view, behind the scenes, the players have been fantastic.

"In four years' time (South Africa), I look forward to seeing how my successor will handle this. You have to juggle a lot of things, but I have absolutely no regrets the way I have gone about this trip."

I think Bronco and Siam Superfly are the same person. You look at the posts, they are so similar. Neither of them give a hoot about how anyone played, neither seem to know anything about any sport, except the Australian National sport of Pom Blasting. I hope they're not though, cause if Bronco takes umbrage about the way I've been telling the truth about Supermouth and comes here and sits on me, I'm finished. :o

what no English posters ...??????  :o

Supermouth, you never seem to amaze me. I do not write about brain surgery so why do you write about things you know nothing about. The BRITISH Lions are not an English team. There is a little clue in the wording that even someone with as little brain power as even you should pick up on. Is it 'the'.......no; is it 'Lions'..........no; therefore it must be 'British' In fact I do believe the same word is used in describing your country; Australia, part of the 'BRITISH' Commonwealth. Please don't forget old mate, you are as British as all of us, but thank God not as English as any of us.

what no English posters ...??????   :o

Supermouth, you never seem to amaze me. I do not write about brain surgery so why do you write about things you know nothing about. The BRITISH Lions are not an English team. There is a little clue in the wording that even someone with as little brain power as even you should pick up on. Is it 'the'.......no; is it 'Lions'..........no; therefore it must be 'British' In fact I do believe the same word is used in describing your country; Australia, part of the 'BRITISH' Commonwealth. Please don't forget old mate, you are as British as all of us, but thank God not as English as any of us.

Hoey kay....Hmmmm I thought that anyone English would be supporting the Lions......

Or is that only when they win :D .....

oh yeh...maybe u should read another earlier post when I posted that 4 countries cant beat one southern team.....

or is that different in ur language......duhhhhhhhh Lamp shady"

I think Bronco and Siam Superfly are the same person. You look at the posts, they are so similar. Neither of them give a hoot about how anyone played, neither seem to know anything about any sport, except the Australian National sport of Pom Blasting. I hope they're not though, cause if Bronco takes umbrage about the way I've been telling the truth about Supermouth and comes here and sits on me, I'm finished. :o

Well done Lampard........another contender from ur vast selection of posting's for "most dumb-arsed TV posting of the Year"....

Well done.....u may have just jumped ahead of that other fine poster 'Pro Fart" for the top prize....

Handshakes all round for u Lampard...... :D:D

Edited by Siam_superfly

what no English posters ...??????   :o

Go and read the post that I posed in " FIRST TEST" thread......Lamp-shady"

1.Too many taffies to make a decent team

2. Henson was too worried about his hairstyle to tackle anyone.

3. All Blacks are a decent team , unlike Australia.

That'll do for now.

:D

so in defeat.....u now turn on ur own players........nice !!! :o

The Last time I looked, c there wasn't a sheep attached to my genitalia , therefore I am not Welsh.

That'll do for now.

The Last time I looked, c there wasn't a sheep attached to my genitalia , therefore I am not Welsh.

:D:D

That'll do for now.

So u dont support the Lions' if they lose....

gee...its easy to go from "hero to zero" if u play for the Lions".....I didnt hear u having a go at any of ur players when the Lions where betting the NZ provincial teams.....

Pro fart oo Lamp-shady or Pie-man just havent been themselves on this thread..... :D

at least Chon had a go at baggy his own team.....( oh sorry) its only an England team if they win !!!!

Well done Lampard........another contender from ur vast selection of posting's for "most dumb-arsed TV posting of the Year"....

Well done.....u may have just jumped ahead of that other fine poster 'Pro Fart" for the top prize....

Handshakes all round for u Lampard...... :D:D

Yes you're right mate....I must be super <deleted> of the year. Even putting Blonco's name in the same sentance as yours makes me suspect. He's a nice bloke. Sorry Bloncs for insulting you so.

That'll do for now.

Maybe a fondness of sheep gives you that edge in the rugby world. New Zealand, Australia, Wales. Perhaps England can put it in their training schedule for the next 6 Nations. They need to try something :D