Best Internet Provider Near Ramkamkhaeng U.?

TravelerEastWest

Best internet provider near Ramkamkhaeng U.?

I am moving in about a month to the area between Ramkamhaeng University/Rajamangala stadium and Rama 9.

I like to watch You tube movies and email photos overseas so I need a good connection. My budget is around 4,000 Baht per month.

Any suggestions?

Edited by TravelerEastWest

The nearest Telco RCU/RSU (Remote Concentrator/Remote Switching) site will likely provide highest internet speed, all you have to do is locate it and find out if it is TOT or True. Mine is TOT 400M from my place and connection is okay in Hua Mark. More than 500M is not so Okay.

Edited by Pushit

Find out what phone company provides the phone lines to that area as that is going to greatly determine which ISPs are available to you.

Just for example, if TOT services that area (owns the lines), your chances of getting True to string you an internet line are not great (and vice versa). And of course each phone company (i.e., TOT, True, TT&T, etc) allows certain ISP concessionaires/companies to provide internet service on the phone company's lines.

Pushit and Pib,

Thank you.

So far I have received a yes from BBB and a maybe from True.

Interestingly 3B says that I do not need a phone line with their technology.

While with True where I currently live in another area of Huamark a TOT phone line is needed which i use as a fax line.

Pushit and Pib,

Thank you.

While with True where I currently live in another area of Huamark a TOT phone line is needed which i use as a fax line.

I think what 3BB is really saying/meant to say is you don't get a "phone number" with the line they string to your residence. Therefore, you can't receive/make phone calls over the line as it's just setup as an ADSL line. This also means you won't have a monthly "phone bill"...you just have the monthly internet bill. Now if you want your line to work as a phone line and ADSL line you'll probably have to check out what company provides phone service in that area....most times one company has total rights for phone lines/numbers in areas.

It "may" be TT&T since I "think" TT&T got out of the internet business/transferred their internet service rights to 3BB under a business reorganization TT&T is undergoing to where 3BB provides internet service over TT&T lines. But 3BB still strings separate internet lines in other companies areas.

Pushit and Pib,

Thank you.

I think what 3BB is really saying/meant to say is you don't get a "phone number" with the line they string to your residence. Therefore, you can't receive/make phone calls over the line as it's just setup as an ADSL line. This also means you won't have a monthly "phone bill"...you just have the monthly internet bill. Now if you want your line to work as a phone line and ADSL line you'll probably have to check out what company provides phone service in that area....most times one company has total rights for phone lines/numbers in areas.

It "may" be TT&T since I "think" TT&T got out of the internet business/transferred their internet service rights to 3BB under a business reorganization TT&T is undergoing to where 3BB provides internet service over TT&T lines. But 3BB still strings separate internet lines in other companies areas.

Thank you, I will check.