Internet Sites For Property (sale)

Hi all,

For living in LOS for 7 months, I know most westerners pay one price and thais another. Im sure this will be the same with buying property in LOS.

My point being is there a site everyone knows that will give you a price that a Thai would pay and not think, wow thats too high for the house?

I know most Thais wont be able to buy house that us westerners can, but they know what the price would be for a 2-3 house or bungalow.

So does anyone have any good sources they would like to share?

Thanks!

Well, first of all as a Farang you can’t buy a house in your own name – lots of Posts on this, there are ways around it but it’s not easy and you may leave yourself at risk of losing any claim to Title.

Secondly, like most things in Thailand there is no fixed price for housing, it all comes down to agreeing a price with the Seller and, again, as a Farang you will almost certainly be charged more than a Thai would.

A good site for Property Sales in Thailand is http://www.asungha.com - unfortunately it’s all in Thai.

Patrick

Hi all,

For living in LOS for 7 months, I know most westerners pay one price and thais another.  Im sure this will be the same with buying property in LOS.

My point being is there a site everyone knows that will give you a price that a Thai would pay and not think, wow thats too high for the house?

I know most Thais wont be able to buy house that us westerners can, but they know what the price would be for a 2-3 house or bungalow.

Thanks!

In my experience, there is never a set price from a Thai person, they take what they can get. If you want to deal with a Thai person on price, make sure you have the money at the time, as thats where your bargaining power comes from. When going to negotiate, always have your cheque book/100k with you and always have a contract, as "todays price" is never the same tomorrow. That is how I deal when purchasing - lock it all up so there is no surprises on the day of transferring.

I always go through a farang broker first as at least on most occasions you are told the exacts of the land/property and have a price to start with. I then get direct with the owner and haggle. Just make sure you take care of the farang broker and everyone is happy. Dealin with Thais - I look at over 10 properties every week and have done for the last 7 years - 99% of the time, what Im told the price is and size/dimensions etc is always wrong - its a game I get bored of playing and thats why I go to farang brokers. With foreighn brokers, you can see photos, know a starting price, the land papers have been sited and you have something concrete to start with.

In posting all that though, sometimes you can be lucky and deal with Thais who know all of the exacts and there price is somewhat the same for Thais and farangs.

websites, there are plenty, google and test.

Hi all,

For living in LOS for 7 months, I know most westerners pay one price and thais another.  Im sure this will be the same with buying property in LOS.

Thanks!

Depends where you buy and to what standards. New houses in Thai areas are sold through housing developers, or land sales and build your own. Literature is already printed and the prices are the same for everyone. 2nd hand sales are unusual except in farang areas and most of the people selling are farangs or Mrs farang :o

We bought our house in Chiang Mai through a private party ad and found it on the Pantip web site. It had to be of the most pleasant transactions I have been involved with anywhere. We are sill in touch with the previous owner and have become good friends.

I have read all the horror stories about buying a home and I guess I got lucky.

clip_image001.jpg

R2196188%5B1%5D.jpg

Edited by highonthai

We were looking at 6 rais when a truck came by and started honking like crazy. The driver was just being an ass, he could've just driven around the car on both sides, the road is on an open field. I ended up having to move the car for this nutter.

A woman holding ,a baby in her arms, came out of the woods and told us about that neighbour. The guy lives right next to the 6 rai we were looking at, has to drive on the dirt road that runs though it to get to his land. His hobby is whisky and shooting his gun most evenings. Bye bye 6 rai.

Talk with the neighbours before buying.

We bought our house in Chiang Mai through a private party ad and found it on the Pantip web site. It had to be of the most pleasant transactions I have been involved with anywhere. We are sill in touch with the previous owner and have become good friends.

I have read all the horror stories about buying a home and I guess I got lucky.

clip_image001.jpg

R2196188%5B1%5D.jpg

Beautiful place - congratulations! Off topic, but do you know anything about the original builder/developer/architect etc? Would be interested in contacting them for a new build.

Great site Randon. Also Highonthai great looking house. May I ask how much you paid and where you brought it (Area) Also was you able to get a mortgage on the property? Is the property brought in your or your wifes name?

Thanks!

Steve2Uk,

The house was designed and contracted by the previous owner. A Thai gentlemen.

I'll ask him the details on who actually did the work.

Westybrook,

We paid 3.5 mil Bhat. 2 years old. A 4 bedroom,2 bath, Maids room with toilet shower.

Two stories fountain inside, registered Teak flooring,Korat sandstone,Marble and granite and all that jazz.

Located in a quiet moo ban only about 30 homes and south of the airport named Pleungsa Doi Karm. A couple of miles west of of the hang Dong road and Grace Internation school. Right off the Cannal road.

We put a large down on it and did get a small mortgage in the wifes name.

It was not that hard, we did use a family garantur from Bkk that is a high level man in Brown. It helped seeing she was living in Los Angeles and the fact we also own a home in Bkk also made it easy.

Edited by highonthai

Steve2Uk,

The house was designed and contracted by the previous owner. A Thai gentlemen.

I'll ask him the details on who actually did the work.

Interesting - judging by the pics, he has a good eye for design and very different from so much of what's around. Would I be right in thinking that the build quality is as good as the photos make it appear? I'd certainly be interested in contacting the builder. Many thanks in advance.

There is now a forum for property in LOS.

It is new, I registered today and was member number 2, hence there are only eleven posts to read and all from one guy.

When it grows it may be useful.

Not fair on George if I post the link here so PM me if you want details.

I understand from this thread that "secondhand housing" is not worth anything? Or it is "rare". In most of the rest of the world this IS most of the housing market. is there no home market here? Only land?

There is now a forum for property in LOS.

It is new, I registered today and was member number 2, hence there are only eleven posts to read and all from one guy.

When it grows it may be useful.

Not fair on George if I post the link here so PM me if you want details.