No Power, Water In Parts Of Phuket Town Tomorrow

webfact

No power, water in parts of Phuket Town tomorrow

The blackout means many tambon Talad Neua residents will be without power or water.

PHUKET: -- Residents of Phuket Town’s tambon Talad Neua might consider getting out of town tomorrow, when there will be a one-day suspension of both electric power and water supply services.

The Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) has announced the power cuts, from 9am to 4pm, to carry out maintenance on high voltage wires

The blackout will also affect pumps used to pressurize water pipes, resulting in a “double whammy” for area residents: no power and no water.

Affected areas will include Chao Fa East Road, north from Rama IX (Suan Luang) Park; Patiphat Road south of Jui Tui Shrine Intersection; Phoon Phol Road and Bangkok Road.

Residents who plan to stay home are strongly advised to store enough water to last throughout the period.

A PEA officer said there would also be a half-hour power cut along Kwang Rd and Chao Fa West Road starting at about 9am.

Those planning to spend the day at the beach should consider that the 24-hour forecast for Phuket issued by the Meteorological Department at 4pm today predicts scattered showers covering 40% of the island, southwesterly winds 15kmh to 35kmh, and waves of up to two meters or higher in areas of storm activity.

For questions regarding water supply contact:Phuket City Waterworks (076-211130).

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2010-07-20

Thanks Phuket Gazette. Why don't you give warning to other parts of Phuket when there is going to be an outage? I guess Phuket Town is more important? Oh well, I learned years ago to always store water, as I never know when my power will go out and therefore my water pump...rolleyes.gif

Thanks Phuket Gazette. Why don't you give warning to other parts of Phuket when there is going to be an outage? I guess Phuket Town is more important? Oh well, I learned years ago to always store water, as I never know when my power will go out and therefore my water pump...rolleyes.gif

Any nice looking Phuket town ladies that need a shower please feel free to come to my place in Nai Harn.

In fact, I think a group shower at about 8AM before we all go to work, would be a good idea.

Any nice looking Phuket town ladies that need a shower please feel free to come to my place in Nai Harn.

In fact, I think a group shower at about 8AM before we all go to work, would be a good idea.

LOL! Grumpy, or dirty old man? Nothing like a good morning shower and shave to clean up...smile.gif

They normally do announce scheduled blackouts in various parts of the island. A truck from the PEA will usually drive around the day before to announce the blackout.

They normally do announce scheduled blackouts in various parts of the island. A truck from the PEA will usually drive around the day before to announce the blackout.

Yes, I know they do, but I rarely see them or hear them as my house isn't near the road. So, I just get on my motorbike and look around to see what they're doing. But my point was the Phuket Gazette rarely puts a notice online for other areas.