After An Alternative To Sairee Beach

Another long weekend coming up! Going to take the opportunity to head down to Koh Tao for a few days.

I've only ever stayed on Sairee Beach and was hoping for a few recommendations of possible alternatives this time. Key factors would be chilled but not isolated, good for swimming, decent dive shop nearby and not high end resort prices. Normally on Sairee I grab a bunglow for around 600bt, but thinking perhaps aircon this time as in May the temperature was fierce - so a bit more comfort this time around and happy to pay the extra.

Had a look at Blacktip in Tanote Bay which looks lovely, although to longer trips to Chumphon Pinnacle add to the boat time and dive costs significantly.

Experiences/preferences/opinions please...

Thanks.

Have a look at View Rock resort in Hin Wong. Its on the other side of the island. This may be a bit too isolated for you ie no nightlife but the resort is great, very chilled, excellent food very friendly staff and they have a PADI dive school there too. Ting the owner can organise a taxi over the island in the morning. There is no beach in this bay. Or maybe have a look at Chalok Baan Kao on the south of the island many different types of accomodation and a bit more life too. Have Fun!

I like Mae Haad beach near Sensi. Cheap bungalows at Kalapanga and a nice quiet beach with good swimming and snorkelling. Also check out Master divers next to the Songsern pier. Most of the dive shops do their deep dives in the morning and the shallow in the afternoon. They do the opposite so when they go to Chumphon pinnacle in the afternoon they are mostly the only boat there. I hate it when there are more divers than fish.

Enjoy :thumbsup: