Rimping Supermarket

likite

Rimping gives 100 baht per every 400 points.

How do you mean? If I cash in 10,000 points for an item in their catalogue, then you're saying the item is worth only 2500 baht?

And those 10,000 points cost me 250,000 baht in purchases (thank you Joop50 for that). Which means, we're getting a 1% discount at Rimping.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you mean? If I cash in 10,000 points for an item in their catalogue, then you're saying the item is worth only 2500 baht?

And those 10,000 points cost me 250,000 baht in purchases (thank you Joop50 for that). Which means, we're getting a 1% discount at Rimping.

They well give vouchers to shop in their store. 400 points get you 100 baht voucher. This is Rimping. That last time I looked I have enough points for 3.8 cases of Tiger Beer. I may round it off to 4 cases.

They well give vouchers to shop in their store. 400 points get you 100 baht voucher

Did not know that (I only shop Meechok, if that makes any difference).

I guess the question now remains -- is a 10000 point item in their catalogue valued at only 2500 baht? If valued more, say 5000 baht, then it would seem worth it to *not* cash your points in for vouchers -- unless, of course, you already have enough rice cookers :rolleyes:

They well give vouchers to shop in their store. 400 points get you 100 baht voucher

Did not know that (I only shop Meechok, if that makes any difference).

I guess the question now remains -- is a 10000 point item in their catalogue valued at only 2500 baht? If valued more, say 5000 baht, then it would seem worth it to *not* cash your points in for vouchers -- unless, of course, you already have enough rice cookers :rolleyes:

I shop mostly Meechok, sometimes in town by the river.BTW Rimpings store in town makes the Meechok branch look like a garbage dump.:o Points can be collect and used in any store. There is nothing I need or want from their catalog. That's why I'll take the Tiger beer.:lol:

surely you all shop where it is convenient and up to your standards..!! We also need to rememebr there are 60+million Thais and only a few 100,000- of us.... in CM evenless..

so stop your whinging and carry on,, the points systemis bcoz THAIS like it,,, no one cares ahoot about a few whinging farangs..!!!!

The operators cater fro the "majoroty of the market" as they do anywhere else in the world,.

Get a life....

surely you all shop where it is convenient and up to your standards..!! We also need to rememebr there are 60+million Thais and only a few 100,000- of us.... in CM evenless..

so stop your whinging and carry on,, the points systemis bcoz THAIS like it,,, no one cares ahoot about a few whinging farangs..!!!!

The operators cater fro the "majoroty of the market" as they do anywhere else in the world,.

Get a life....

Well, well---now who is whingeing? Have a bad day, perhaps?

While I am here--can I ask 'Gotlost' how he can possibly make 5000 plus posts in less than 1 year??? Or, are the figures the result of the 'upgrade'?

Get a life....

Well, well---now who is whingeing? Have a bad day, perhaps?

While I am here--can I ask 'Gotlost' how he can possibly make 5000 plus posts in less than 1 year??? Or, are the figures the result of the 'upgrade'?

You have to work at it..:D

It is interesting that Tops has never expanded out of the central western section of Chiang Mai. Rimping could use some competition.

Isn't there a Tops in Mae Rim?

To my knowledge the answer is NO.Tops only has three stores all in town.

It is interesting that Tops has never expanded out of the central western section of Chiang Mai. Rimping could use some competition.

There's a TOPS next to the (what used to be?) Novotel.

There's a TOPS next to the (what used to be?) Novotel.

Thats correct which puts the other two, one at Aitport Plaza and the 3rd on at Kat Suan Kaeo. Total 3 in Chiang Mai.

Qne point for every 25 baht. I like to shop at Rimping's because of quality, diversity and friendly employees. I like to pay a little more for that. Everybody has his preverences.

Same same. I would shop there regardless of the points. Beats anywhere else hands-down and, despite being more expensive, the time saved, quality/choice, and stress-free shopping negates that. Points on top is a bonus.

Get a life....

What are you waffling about? The farang market is a major reason Rimping does well. Significantly more of a farang/Thai ratio than as a whole or in the generic stores, plus many products are brought in specifically for the foreign palate. I do, however, agree that the op is all a bit of a whinge about nothing.

After several years of shopping at Rimping, we only just joined the points scheme. Regardless of the points, I like to shop there (Not Mrs T though—she's a bargain hunter). It's the only place with no annoying in-store adverts, jingles, or 5 O'clock dancing. I don't even remember hearing the national anthem there at 6, but maybe I just haven't been there at 6. Just tasteful jazz or classical music in the background. Relaxed shopping at only a very slightly higher price is an acceptable trade. Plus, when they discount something, they really discount it, and that's enough of an occasional bonus for me.

Vlassic dill pickles found the other day at Meechok. Thought they'd discontinued all but German brands of pickles a few years back (which just don't taste right on a hamburger). Anyway, got the last jar on the shelf -- bet the others got snapped up rather quickly.

Finally restocked with Fisher Cheese Curls (which are addictive). Had some other brand two weeks back (Nabisco?), which tasted like cardboard.

Needed a bottle of wine, and it was 2:15. No problem. The lady I pleaded my case to looked around for a bit (are there booze police?), then led me to a check-out counter, where, with one more glance towards the front door, they rang it up. Try that in Carre Four.

• 2 weeks later...

They well give vouchers to shop in their store. 400 points get you 100 baht voucher. This is Rimping. That last time I looked I have enough points for 3.8 cases of Tiger Beer. I may round it off to 4 cases.

The power of Thaivisa.....so informative,

I have shopped at rimping for 4 years now....studied the catalouge....nothing I need or want.

But from reading these posts I now know that I can get a voucher for my points and get the discount from my bill.

I had never seen any mention of this at Rimping or on their website,so I asked the girls at MeeChock branch and,,,,yes I can get a voucher.....100 baht voucher for 400 points.Request the voucher and wait 2 weeks before using it.

OK,not a lot,but with my 16000 points I can get a voucher for 4000baht which will get me 12 bottles of wine at the 3 bots for 1000, baht tub.

The power of Thaivisa.....so informative,

I have shopped at rimping for 4 years now....studied the catalouge....nothing I need or want.

But from reading these posts I now know that I can get a voucher for my points and get the discount from my bill.

I had never seen any mention of this at Rimping or on their website,so I asked the girls at MeeChock branch and,,,,yes I can get a voucher.....100 baht voucher for 400 points.Request the voucher and wait 2 weeks before using it.

OK,not a lot,but with my 16000 points I can get a voucher for 4000baht which will get me 12 bottles of wine at the 3 bots for 1000, baht tub.

So if we put our beer and wine together when is the party?:lol::partytime2: