Sending Money

tripperj

Hi all,

My happy time in the sunshine with the lady of my breams has ended once again and i find my self in the cold dull british isles yet again :o .......

I want to send my love some money, i have been sending it with the post office before but this is proving quite expensive!! If any one could help me or let me know how they send money to LOS i would be very greatful.

Tripper j :D:D

Hi all,

My happy time in the sunshine with the lady of my breams has ended once again and i find my self in the cold dull british isles yet again :D .......

I want to send my love some money, i have been sending it with the post office before but this is proving quite expensive!! If any one could help me or let me know how they send money to LOS i would be very greatful.

Tripper j :D  :D

Don't know what you are paying to transfer money but a standard bank transfer fee is £14.

Hope this helps. :o

The normal method for an ongoing arrangement is to open a new bank account with international ATM card access that you then send registered mail to the party in Thailand to use in ATM machines here. You provide the pin number by phone or in another letter. When you need to send money you just deposit into that account and Thai end can withdraw it.

Hi all,

My happy time in the sunshine with the lady of my breams has ended once again and i find my self in the cold dull british isles yet again :o .......

why dont you just wire it to the recipients bank account.

If my one hour visit to the US Embassy ACS unit is indicative there are a whole lot of marriages taking place these days. Was not counting but believe at least 10 persons were getting paperwork during the time I was there.

Hi all,

My happy time in the sunshine with the lady of my breams has ended once again and i find my self in the cold dull british isles yet again :D .......

Don't know what you are paying to transfer money but a standard bank transfer fee is £14.

Hope this helps. :o

I pay $25 USD everytime I wire money. I would be interested to know if there is a U.S. Bank I could use that doesn't charge a overseas fee.

and her buffalo

:D

And her sick mama, broken motor bike, stolen phone, ect....... :o:D

lol no she's not like this at all, i'm one luck falang i've fallen for a girl who doesn't want my money. No one else belives me but i don't care.

Tripper j

ps thanks fore then help folks, have set up a acc with the aliance and lester no prob's and no fee's.

:D:D

lol no she's not like this at all, i'm one luck falang i've fallen for a girl who doesn't want my money. No one else belives me but i don't care

Sorry tripper, but you seem to be contradicting yourself.

She doesn't want your money, yet you are asking for a cheaper way to send her money.

What are you doing? Forcing her to take your money? :o:D:D

http://www.moneybookers.com/app/

this service deposits the money straight into any account in the world inc thailand, fee is about a pound & you can control it all from the internet. you open an account in your name & add your bank deets & if your girl isn't pc literate then open another account in her name with her details & when you send the money you got into her account & withdraw it for her & viola, it's in her thai account. Hubby does this for the MIL as she had too many problems with the nationwide atm card & we wanted to keep it for our trips abroad. Also, she couldn't check the balance of the english account due to exchange rate but can see exactly how much is in her thai account before she withdraws anything.

The normal method for an ongoing arrangement is to open a new bank account with international ATM card access that you then send registered mail to the party in Thailand to use in ATM machines here.  You provide the pin number by phone or in another letter.  When you need to send money you just deposit into that account and Thai end can withdraw it.

Yes lopburi3 is right easy way send money to family pay for bike sick buffalo papa falling off mororbike just set yourself a limit ie between 6000 and 15000 a month.

The normal method for an ongoing arrangement is to open a new bank account with international ATM card access that you then send registered mail to the party in Thailand to use in ATM machines here.  You provide the pin number by phone or in another letter.  When you need to send money you just deposit into that account and Thai end can withdraw it.

This is just what me and my wife are currently planning, but when we opened a Nationwide Flex-account recently they were a bit snotty about giving the card to someone else to use. Has anyone had any problems with this? If the card is being used in Thailand when I'm clearly still in the UK (ie from the time the deposits are made) will they think the card has been cloned or something? Thanks in advance for any info.

Edited by Trebilcock

shouldn't think they would notice it & haven't on the occasions that we have used the nationwide card for the MIL to withdraw money but them any transfers into the nationwide account we make are done via internet banking so they wouldn't know where we were anyway.

• 2 months later...

this service deposits the money straight into any account in the world inc thailand, fee is about a pound & you can control it all from the internet. you open an account in your name & add your bank deets & if your girl isn't pc literate then open another account in her name with her details & when you send the money you got into her account & withdraw it for her & viola, it's in her thai account. Hubby does this for the MIL as she had too many problems with the nationwide atm card & we wanted to keep it for our trips abroad. Also, she couldn't check the balance of the english account due to exchange rate but can see exactly how much is in her thai account before she withdraws anything.

Boo,

I wonder if you could give me a bit of advice regarding the use of moneybookers.

I have been trying to use Moneybookers and have got as far as transferring money from my Moneybookers account to my gf's. I have been setting everything up myself, and have done the transfers from my account to the gf's, but I am stuck now.

The site has requested verification of my gf's bank account. It has stated that she must "request a bank transfer withdrawal with an amount less than THB 720.00. We will then make a payment for this amount to your bank account and include a unique verification code in its reference field. This is the code you will have to enter after you receive the payment"

What does this mean? Is the gf supposed to request money FROM moneybookers? If so, how? What is the moneybookers account number?

After this is done where is the unique verification ID entered?

Hope you can help because the money now seems to be in limbo.

Cheers,

djmm

This looks like a beaut idea. How safe is it?

I take it that you get into your moneybookers account and debit your own linked savings account. Transfer the money from your moneybookers account to your GF's moneybookers account.

Then finally transfer the money to the GF's linked savings account.

I don't like the idea of handing over an ATM card ...for starters it's against all the banks "rules and reg's" and what about overdrawing the account or the card is lost or stolen. Could cause some troubles.

YBB

Edit: Just checked the fees and it's 1% or 0.50 Euro max.

0.50 Euro = Approx 0.35 Pound

Edited by Youbloodybeauty

Hi all,

Hope this helps. :D

I pay $25 USD everytime I wire money. I would be interested to know if there is a U.S. Bank I could use that doesn't charge a overseas fee.

I setup an account with suntrust bank in the states and when I am out of country leave the ATM card with GF. They charge 2 dollars per withdrawal. She can take out up to 500 USD per withdrawal and 1000 USD a day. With that high limit it keeps the number of transactions down and so the cost down as well. Seems to be the easiest cheapest method that we have used.

:o

I don't like the idea of handing over an ATM card ...for starters it's against all the banks "rules and reg's" and what about overdrawing the account or the card is lost or stolen. Could cause some troubles.

I don't understand the problem. My wife (and previously when she was my g/f) has her own ATM and credit cards with free access to my bank accounts. If she is in Thailand and I am not she just takes what she wants. Works well for us.

I don't understand the problem. My wife (and previously when she was my g/f) has her own ATM and credit cards with free access to my bank accounts. If she is in Thailand and I am not she just takes what she wants. Works well for us.

dont know where you got that idea bewdy, my bank actually suggested doing it as a way to save fees

I would be interested to know what a bank's actual cost is for a wire transaction in the year 2005. Seems like it wouldn't be much more than whatever it costs the bank when an account holder uses an ATM abroad. In any event, it's hardly in the neighborhood of 1000 baht. :o

dont know where you got that idea bewdy, my bank actually suggested doing it as a way to save fees

Hi,

This is the first Bank that came up on my Google search. All the banks have these clauses in their Terms and Conditions:

-------------------------8<-----------------------

Accountholder liability for unauthorised transactions

6.4 The Accountholder is liable for losses resulting from Unauthorised Transactions as provided below:

(a) where the National Bank can prove on the balance of probability that You contributed to the losses through Your fraud or Your contravention of the security requirements in clause 6.5 the Accountholder is liable for the actual losses which occur before the National is notified that the Card has been misused, lost or stolen or that the security of the PIN has been breached.

6.5 (a) where the National provides You with a PIN You must not:

(i) voluntarily disclose the PIN to anyone including a family member or friend (unless Your Card is a Deposit Only Card);

-------------------------8<-----------------------

If I am here in Australia and I've given my ATM card to my wifes sister in Thailand and the card gets stolen and the thief emties my account, somehow I don't think the bank would cover my losses. :D

Cheers YBB

Edit: just noticed Pnustedt mentioned his wife has her own card that accesses his account. If that card has her name on it, then no worries! :o

Edited by Youbloodybeauty