Conversational English Using Music

jfk

hi guys,

mid terms are coming up and when the new term starts i want to teach the kids conversational english as they only know hello,good morning etc.

recently seen some tefl teachers using music to teach the basics of conversation.

basically they made up a tune with where do you come from,how old are you etc and when the kids mastered this they made up another song with the responses.

has anyone here tried this method, or does anyone have anymore ideas about an effective teaching method for teaching conversational english.

many thanks for all your help.

regards :jap:

It seems to be an effective way to learn conversational English, but it's also a great way to break up a boring hour long class, especially in the afternoon when the students start to drift away.

Some of the songs I've used with the best results Wonderful World-Louis Armstrong, I'm gettin nothing for Christmas-Stan Freeberg, We'll Meet Again- V Lynn or Santa claus is coming to town,

Most of the other Xmas songs have too many silly worthless words, or go into religious themes I would prefer to avoid to be useful.

hello again,

i,m teaching prathom 2 so any pop songs would be too advanced.

i really want to teach them the basics. hello, my name is...,what is your name,how are you etc.

anyone tried to do this before and if so wahat kind of music did you use and was it effective.

many thanks for replies already and for those to come.

best regards.

:jap:

The "Let's Go" English book series has a number of catchy little songs. I haven't listened to the latest version of the book, but the older discs/tapes had easy and fun songs to sing.