Car Hire - Q Cars

wiggy221

Hi all,

Newbie here, glad i have found the forum :-)

Would just like to ask if anyone has used Q Cars for car hire recently or in the past, i am looking at using them very soon and they have an attractive rate and seem to have all the insurance in place, not that i know what the correct insurance is, but they say they have full insurance.

Would really welcome peoples comments on them.

Also, would like to know if you know of any car rental companies who would allow you to rent a car without a credit card? Most ask for the credit card to pre-authorise a deposit when you take the car i do not own a credit card and nor can i get one. Thus one reason Q cars have been handy as they will take the deposit in cash.

Thanks everyone,

Wiggy

There are a couple of companies in BKK I know where you can hire a car without a credit card: Lumpini Car Rental, just a few meters after the Lumpini Police Station and the Highway Car Rental, at Sathorn/Rama 4/Lumpini intersection.

2000 baht deposit is what they ask, refundable after you return the car in good conditions.

It's been about 2 years since I last rented from Q Cars but in the 2-3 years prior to that, I was totally satisfied with their vehicles and service.

When I rent now, I book through the link on these pages (fastcarhire.co.uk) and they broker for Budget and Thai Rent a Car. If you chose a rental from the latter, they are happy for the balance to be paid in cash with the online booking 'hold' being done via PayPal. Both Budget and TRAC will want a credit card when you pick up the car but may accept a largish cash deposit in lieu.

You should consider getting at least one Visa or MasterCard debit card as these are getting more acceptable than cash in LOS and give you a wider choice.

I have used FastCar hire a few times and been very happy with them so i would also consider them as well .

Hi there,

Thanks to everyone for the replies so far.

Would just like to ask what their insurance is like? Is it a full hire/rental insurance?

I know there are a lot of cowboys out there who say they have full insurance and then when you are about to leave they say, 'if you have accident or problem tell them this is family/friend car, give me a ring and we will come' ... meaning basically that they are not fully covered for rental/hire purposes.

Just out of intrest, what did you hire and how much did they charge? ...... you can tell me to mind my own if you want :)

Thanks,

Wiggy

I know there are a lot of cowboys out there who say they have full insurance and then when you are about to leave they say, 'if you have accident or problem tell them this is family/friend car, give me a ring and we will come' ... meaning basically that they are not fully covered for rental/hire purposes.

Just out of intrest, what did you hire and how much did they charge? ...... you can tell me to mind my own if you want :)

It was about 8 months ago i last used Fastcare hire and i used Thai Rent aCar ( a bit cheaper than Budget) and i hired a Corolla . I cannot remeber the price unless i dig out the old receipts . Have a look at the website would be best to get all the info u need. The insurance is included in the quoted price for most cars on the site, but some travel insurance company will also cover care hire too if you want back-up.. You also need an international licence too if you are visiting LOS. There are offices all over LOS with offices at most airports. Cannot take the cars out of Thailand to Cambodia for example either.

Hope that helps

There are lots of fascinating places in Thailand to visit. To make your trip worth you should hire some reliable car service like AVIS which serves everything needed to make your trip memorable like online booking, wide range of car availability, easy care hire, guide facility, various promotions plans and many more to appeal you.