Short Translation Requested Please

laphroaig

Is there anyone who can create a phrase for me, in thai script, to denote the following words/intention for the phrase in English.

"Every decision we make has consequences. Some consequences are good and some are not good. We need to consider all consequences when we make decisions, not simply take the good and ignore the bad."

The background is a debate I am having with someone who has made a certain decision in life. This decision may bring them some financial advantage for now but the downside is they stand to lose a very good opportunity for the future by going ahead. i am attempting to get them to look at the bigger picture before committing to the venture.

Thanks heaps

Edited by laphroaig

I will give this a shot, although there are other members ofthis forum who could probably do a better job. Be forewarned that the Thai I will give you is relativelyconversational. That doesn’t mean it’snot polite. It means it’s notparticularly formal.

"Everydecision we make has consequences. Some consequences are good and some are notgood. We need to consider all consequences when we make decisions, not simplytake the good and ignore the bad."<br style="mso-special-character:line-break"><br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

การตัดสินใจของเราทุกคนมีผล ผลนั้นอาจจะเป็นผลดีหรืออาจจะเป็นผลเสีย เพราะ ฉะนั้นก่อนที่จะตัดสินใจว่าจะทำอะไรคนเราข่วนจะคิดให้รอบคอบ เราข่วนจะคิดให้ทั่วถึงทั้งผลเสียจะมีอะไรบ้างไม่ใช่มองเพียงแต่ผลดีอย่างเดียว

Literal translation of my translation. “The decisions of every person haveoutcomes. Those outcomes might bepositive or they might be negative. Therefore, before making a decision to do something, we should think it throughfrom all angles (the Thai implies sort of walking around the decision to lookat it from all point of view). We shouldthink thoroughly about what the negative consequences might be, not just lookat the positive consequences only.

PS: I am trusting Microsoft's spell checker here, since my Thai is self-taught and full of spelling mistakes. Hope good old MS Word got them all. If not, apologies to my พี่ๆ on the forum

การตัดสินใจของเราทุกคนมีผล ผลนั้นอาจจะเป็นผลดีหรืออาจจะเป็นผลเสีย เพราะ ฉะนั้นก่อนที่จะตัดสินใจว่าจะทำอะไรคนเราข่วนจะคิดให้รอบคอบ เราข่วนจะคิดให้ทั่วถึงทั้งผลเสียจะมีอะไรบ้างไม่ใช่มองเพียงแต่ผลดีอย่างเดียว

Correction of typos;

การตัดสินใจของเราทุกคนมีผล ผลนั้นอาจจะเป็นผลดีหรืออาจจะเป็นผลเสีย เพราะฉะนั้นก่อนที่จะตัดสินใจว่าจะทำอะไรคนเราควรจะคิดให้รอบคอบ เราควรจะคิดให้ทั่วถึงทั้งผลเสียจะมีอะไรบ้างไม่ใช่มองเพียงแต่ผลดีอย่างเดียว

"Every decision we make has consequences. Some consequences are good and some are not good. We need to consider all consequences when we make decisions, not simply take the good and ignore the bad."

Another option;

ทุก ๆ การตัดสินใจของเรานั้นย่อมมีผลที่เกิดตามมา ผลที่เกิดตามมานั้นมีทั้งส่วนที่ดี และส่วนที่ไม่ดี เราจึงจำเป็นต้องพิจารณาถึงผลดีและผลเสียทั้งหมดก่อนที่จะทำการตัดสินใจใด ๆ ไม่ใช่รับเอาแต่ผลดี แล้วไม่สนใจในผลเสียที่เกิดขึ้น

Thank you, both for the corrections and for the better rendering. Sigh!! More years than I would ever want to admit struggling with this ever-fascinating language and still..........But, what's to do. Get up. Struggle some more! Thank you again. Mike

Another option;

ทุก ๆ การตัดสินใจของเรานั้นย่อมมีผลที่เกิดตามมา ผลที่เกิดตามมานั้นมีทั้งส่วนที่ดี และส่วนที่ไม่ดี เราจึงจำเป็นต้องพิจารณาถึงผลดีและผลเสียทั้งหมดก่อนที่จะทำการตัดสินใจใด ๆ ไม่ใช่รับเอาแต่ผลดี แล้วไม่สนใจในผลเสียที่เกิดขึ้น

Does this say much the same thing?

As the author of the first translation above, I would say that Yoot's rendering in Thai is superior to mine. It's just a bit more exact and, my guess is, to a native speaker, would read more naturally. The first translation is accurate (except for my confusing ข่วน with ควนwub.gif but Yoot's is better.

As the author of the first translation above, I would say that Yoot's rendering in Thai is superior to mine. It's just a bit more exact and, my guess is, to a native speaker, would read more naturally. The first translation is accurate (except for my confusing ข่วน with ควนwub.gif but Yoot's is better.

Thank you for this guys, much appreciated