Double Entry Tourist Visa In Rarely Mentioned Countries

Hi all, thank everyone for updating great information here!

I am currently traveling in Shanghai, China now. Heard alot people talking about double entry or triple entry tourist visa to Thailand. I couldn't find any information relates to that on Thailand embassy website. I went to Thai embassy here in Shanghai, and they said there is only single entry tourist visa available, and I couldn't be granted second one if I already have one tourist visa that is not expired. So I guess the "double entry" or "triple entry" is "unofficial" thing. Since the policy changes so frequently, I would like to know where is my best chance to get "double" or "triple" entry visa nowadays. Laos, Combodia, Burma, or Penang, Malaysia? How about Kuala Lumpur?

Such above countries are mentioned over and over in the forum. However, since I am going to be in Thailand for a while, and air tickets aren't too expensive, I am planning to travel to many other countries in the region on my visa run. Did anyone know what the chances are to get "double" or "triple" entry visa in Thai embassy in countries like Vietnam, the Phillipines, Indonesia, Brunei, Taiwan, Sri Lanka, India, Japan, South Korea and any other countries in the Asia Pacifia and middle east region. I wanna make sure that even if they don't issue you double entry visa, at least they don't turn down your application for single entry one. I heard Embassy in Singapore and Hong Kong even turns down back to back tourist visa application.

Since I am here in China now, and there are 8 Thai embassy here in China, did anyone get any luck to get "double" or "triple" entry tourist visa in any other embassy beside shanghai? by the way, I am holding US passport.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by ilovebkk

Actually there is never more than one Embassy in any country - but there can be more than one Consulate.

The only place known to routinely issue free 2 entry tourist visas in the area is Vientiane. Other may or may not depending on applicant and local policy (which tends to change).

Actually there is never more than one Embassy in any country - but there can be more than one Consulate.

The only place known to routinely issue free 2 entry tourist visas in the area is Vientiane. Other may or may not depending on applicant and local policy (which tends to change).

Thank you for correcting me. yeah, there is one thai embassy and 7 consulates in china.

So how about Thai embassy in Burma, Combodia and Peneng, Malaysia? Did they stil issue double entry depending on conditions? or they no longer issue such visa at all?

My link

hong kong can do 2 if u have the required documentation

Thank you, ricequeen, that is very helpful information. airtickets between hong kong and bangkok sometimes are really cheap. plus, i love the food in hk too!

Don't know whether it is working for everyone as long as having the listed supporting documents. did anyone else get double entry visa in hk?

i will definitely give a try in the future. I will update the information afterward.

my usa passport has about 25 tourist visas

i just got 1 free entry in hong kong, even though i provided my bank statement and 2 r/t tickets for the next 120 days.

the consulate officer said he will give another one to me in oct., if i keep my atm withdrawal slips for the next 2 months in thailand to prove my source of funds from oversea.

based on prior experiences, no record is needed for 1 entry if u dont have too many visas on your passport

happy camper

Edited by ricequeen