Best Area In Phuket?

Enjibenji

Hi there,

Hoping some can give me some suggestions. My girlfriend and I are wanting to go to Phuket for our 2 years together later this month but are not sure on what area to go to.

First of all, I checked Patong, spent about an hour checking out all the hotels and then came across some reviews/pictures on here of the place - not what we are looking for at all.

To give an idea - we are 20 and 21, not wanting anywhere too crowded (she stays in Bangkok so we want to escape it all for a while) but enough around to have a good choice of places to eat and go out. We will be staying for 3 nights so we want to keep the trip short and sweet. We are really looking to spend not more than 5000 baht for the 3 nights in a hotel too (not sure if certain areas are more expensive?). One of the biggest issues with Patong was the beach - the beach where we are wanting to go shouldn't be crowded or dirty, possibly with restaurant(s) on it? ...although that might be common for most parts. We stayed on Rayong beach New Year 2009 and had a nice time being able to stay on the beach and eat great food on it. Just really a nice area to go with your girlfriend for your anniversary together.

So, any recommendations for an area to stay would be absolutely fantastic. If anyone knows of any specific hotels to stay at, that would be great help also.

By the way, we might also be wanting to rent a car during our stay there. My girlfriend drives a Honda Jazz so something like that would be perfect. What are the average daily rates? Would prefer a car over a motorbike.

Appreciate help,

Thanks

From your description it seems like Rawai in the south of the island would be ideal for you and your lady. Not so 'touristy', plenty of good restaurants, some nice quieter beaches and lots of small resorts that will suit your budget.

Feel free to email me for more details.

what about Bang Tao beach? There are some nice hotels and guest houses all price ranges. I have stayed at Bangtao Lagoon Bungalowsand there is also a Best Western. There are restaurants and bars and the place is quiet and clean

Edited by aussiechick