True Premium Internet V Normal Internet

gkinbkk

Signed up for an 8mbps package today, found the guy serving me to be quite knowledgeable and helpful. Anyway, he swore to me there is absolutely no difference in download speeds between premium and normal...called it a farang charge, no magical international 'my connection is faster than yours' premium download speeds. Only difference is in upload speed.

I remain skeptical.

Does anyone have any experience with the 2 packages and can comment?

I had normal at first but found it very slow for international websites. Since I have upgraded to premium it is much faster for intl. You wont notice any difference in local sites, but to me the difference is night and day for the intl sites.

Being an optimist I decided to try the normal package first then if I had problems I could upgrade to the premium service.

So far, at all times of the day, I've been getting close to 8mbps for both local and international traffic as advertised. Actually I am pleasantly surprised, the product (as opposed to the service) has been kick ass.

Now lemme tell ya 'bout the service....... 'can't come raining' 'cant come too much traffic' 'maybe come next sunday, no traffic' ' maybe get BB internet easier for you because no change of number' 'building management giving me trouble too difficult to install'.....no wonder they aint making any money.

There is no other difference between the Standard and Premium packages except the upload speed.

And each new client with True will enjoy FANTASTIC service the first month, great service the 2nd month, and horribly declining service from month 3 onwards.

I'm sure they prioritize new clients bandwidth for a month for the simple reason that new clients will "test" their connection when they get it, and not do continuing testing from month 2 or 3 onwards.