Bars And Pubs In Rangsit

WebBangkok

Hi my friends.

I will be meeting a good mate tomorrow in Rangsit for a few drinks. I have never been before and he has never been there before but it is half way between where we live as we live pretty far away.

Any good pubs or bars that you can recommend?

I never found anything good bar wise in Rangsit... better to take 30min ride to BKK.

I often look for new and different places to explore in the suburbs, but yes, i agree with this poster, there is very little out Rangsit way,except for the usual thai businesses

Im just curious though, why would you both be wanting to meet way out in Rangsit anyway? especially when neither of you has ever been there?

Even if its the half way point between you, there are still many other places not that far from Rangsit that offer a little more life,even if you have to travel a bit further to the longer roads..raminthra, nawamin, or even yothin road, you should find something a little more lively than Rangsit IMO.

All said though, it is harder to find entertainment places in areas you dont have direct experience in, and forget about it if you are expecting to find bars that are open "farang" hours during the day. If you are keen on Rangsit then maybe you should just look for a reasonably new looking restaurant with air con..never any shortage, and they still serve beer

:D

Edited by ozzieovaseas

If you plan to meet at Future Park, you could try Country Place.

It's a big German beer hall. They brew their own beer, sell food, and have a huge stage with non stop entertainment all night.

I think it opens around 6pm but doesn't really get going until 9-10pm

Not exactly Rangsit, more like between Don Meuang and Rangsit. There used to be a nice indoor place and a nice outdoor place across the parking lot from the Asia Airport hotel. Nothing overly fancy. Just nice places to sit and have a drink and some food. If I recall correctly, the outdoor place has karaoke and live music. It's been a couple of years since I've been there so things may have changed. The reception desk at the hotel would be able to tell you.

Not exactly Rangsit, more like between Don Meuang and Rangsit. There used to be a nice indoor place and a nice outdoor place across the parking lot from the Asia Airport hotel. Nothing overly fancy. Just nice places to sit and have a drink and some food. If I recall correctly, the outdoor place has karaoke and live music. It's been a couple of years since I've been there so things may have changed. The reception desk at the hotel would be able to tell you.

I don't think that's there any more.