World Of Warcraft, Recent Latency

khunAus

Hi.

I have skimmed some posts and see many people here play World of warcraft.

I have been playing since about November last year. I live in a condo complex and am Connected to True internet via the Complex.

For most of this time WoW has been completely playable with latency from 300-500. The game plays well at these speeds not perfect but well enough to do most anything, and this has been the case for 6-7 months.

Over the last 3-5 weeks Latency has become terrible making the game almost unplayable and in teh last 3 days it has got worse making it actually unplayable. I now constantly get a latency of 1.2k, with many spikes to 5k+ and also many frequent disconnects.

What i would like to know is if other people are having similar problems on the same and other ISP's.

I know this High latency Problem is not limited to only Thailand, but i would like to know if it is just limited to True internet. or if other high speed providers are also having problems.

I believe it is a blizzard or connection error between Use and the WoW servers, s a look on teh game forums will show that many people world wide are having similar problems.

Anyway it would be good to some if any ISP's people are not having problems, or if anything you have done on this end that might solve the issue.

Thanks

Khun Aus.

Hi.

I have skimmed some posts and see many people here play World of warcraft.

I have been playing since about November last year.  I live in a condo complex and am Connected to True internet via the Complex.

For most of this time WoW has been completely playable with latency from 300-500.  The game plays well at these speeds not perfect but well enough to do most anything, and this has been the case for 6-7 months.

Over the last 3-5 weeks Latency has become terrible making the game almost unplayable and in teh last 3 days it has got worse making it actually unplayable.  I now constantly get a latency of 1.2k, with many spikes to 5k+ and also many frequent disconnects.

What i would like to know is if other people are having similar problems on the same and other ISP's.

I know this High latency Problem is not limited to only Thailand, but i would like to know if it is just limited to True internet. or if other high speed providers are also having problems.

I believe it is a blizzard or connection error between Use and the WoW servers, s a look on teh game forums will show that many people world wide are having similar problems.

Anyway it would be good to some if any ISP's people are not having problems, or if anything you have done on this end that might solve the issue.

Thanks

Khun Aus.

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem for what i can tell it s caused from high packet

lost around 17-25% to us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com ; It s hard to say if it s from

thai ISP or from their providers. It seems also that 1.5.0 brought a lot of lag.

Lets hope that 1.6 will be better for the lag.... I dunno if anybody can read chinese

but it would be nice to see if it s possible to register on taiwanese server because

the lag there would be really nice. http://www.wowtaiwan.com.tw/

I've been writing about this problem for the past 4 or so weeks ever since it started. As a WOW addict, it's really frustrating.

One thing to add to the puzzle though is that the connection progressively gets better the later it gets. From about 2am to 6am (the latest I can stay up) it actually gets pretty close to our normal latency of 400-700ms with little/no packet loss.

Since this coincides with reduced internet activity in Thailand, I had assumed it was an indication of a problem with True's internet being congested during the day time.

Posters have said this is a blizzard issue, and I really hope it is, but I have noticed degraded internet performance everywhere, not just on Warcraft.

I've found that the latency gets worse the longer you stay on... i tried to reason this off as a memory leak somewhere and restarting the game/pc would solve this... alas i was wrong. My next idea was overheating, out here my PC is getting waaaaay too hot, and games that push the system to the max are running the machine hotter than just surfing/writing emails etc.

I did find that upgrading my RAM to 1gb 400speed did have a noticble increase in performance (as you would expect) and i'm getting fewer latency issues now.. maybe just coincidence.

Last night i found that i had a stable latency of 600-700 but the game would still freeze/lockup for a second or so...

Looking on the techie forums on the main WoW site i've found i'm not alone with these problems, and its not just us in Thailand, other people all over the US are having problems.. this is why i'm tempted to say leave it with Blizzard.

I've been writing about this problem for the past 4 or so weeks ever since it started.  As a WOW addict, it's really frustrating.

One thing to add to the puzzle though is that the connection progressively gets better the later it gets.  From about 2am to 6am (the latest I can stay up) it actually gets pretty close to our normal latency of 400-700ms with little/no packet loss.

Since this coincides with reduced internet activity in Thailand, I had assumed it was an indication of a problem with True's internet being congested during the day time.

Posters have said this is a blizzard issue, and I really hope it is, but I have noticed degraded internet performance everywhere, not just on Warcraft.

Does anyone of you has or know someone who has knowledge in chinese :

http://www.wowtaiwan.com.tw/ making an english-speaking communauty there

would be great (90ms of ping...).

Also please signs the suggestion I have been posting on the US forum :

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...mp=1#post357488

Thanks.

http://www.wowtaiwan.com.tw/  making an english-speaking communauty there

would be great  (90ms of ping...).

Making an english speaking community there wont really help you much, the whole game text will still be in chinese, all the quest text, speach text, names, descriptions... everything. You'd need to be able to read/write chinese in order to get by. Nice idea... gotta wait for the Ozzie servers methinks.

hi'

my 2cts here ...

may be you could try to unlock tcp windows settings which allow only 10 connections/s ?

go to registry(regedit)

HKLM(local machine)/system/services/tcp-ip/parameters and in the right panel add a new key: DWord

name it : TcpNumConnections and set a value (hexadecimal) : fffffe

and appreciate the improvement :o

francois

http://www.wowtaiwan.com.tw/  making an english-speaking communauty there

would be great  (90ms of ping...).

Making an english speaking community there wont really help you much, the whole game text will still be in chinese, all the quest text, speach text, names, descriptions... everything. You'd need to be able to read/write chinese in order to get by. Nice idea... gotta wait for the Ozzie servers methinks.

Check my post in the suggestions forum then :o

hi'

my 2cts here ...

may be you could try to unlock tcp windows settings which allow only 10 connections/s ?

go to registry(regedit)

HKLM(local machine)/system/services/tcp-ip/parameters and in the right panel add a new key: DWord

name it : TcpNumConnections and set a value (hexadecimal) : fffffe

and appreciate the improvement :o

francois

Hmm seems not applicable here because Wow.exe make only 1 connection to the server

and doesnt use UDP. But thanks for the idea.

Well today for me has seen the latency just getting worse.

I as others still think this is a WoW, issue and not a true internet issue. Although true does have its ups and downs which do not help.

Every so often i try to log on and start off with a 10k latency and drift down to about 1.5-2k. and it is constantly freezing and then putting me in a fastforward mode. For me also time seems ot have no influence on the lantency being high or not.

I am using a Mac not a pc, so this is a problem accross all computers and it seems continents -Australia, USA & Canada as well as us are all experiancing the problem, but it only seems to be limited to some people and not all which is very strange.

I do not think it will improve with the new patch that is coming out either as i have tried the test servers and they seem just as bad.

An Ozzie server will atleast 6months to a year away, as Blizz have been very firm (sturbborn) on this subject and it is not looking good.

I would like to know if anyone in thailand is able to play with decent latency? It might not be a True problem, but it might be a problem between True and Blizzard. As where other isp may take a different route to get to the WoW servers which may avoid the problem.

One thing i will add is that after the maintance on the 5th of July, for me anyway my high latency was gone, returned to normal. 2-3 days later an emergency server shut down was needed for something. When the servers came back up, my latency was back to its high level and worse than ever. Just wondering if this was the same for others?

Other ISP feed back would be appreciated.

Khun Aus

I am not a gamer I am a financial market trader and am having the same problems and for the same period back. This confirms the problem is TRUE or the CAT gateway. I suspect TRUE are trying some new way of restricting their oh so precious bandwidth usage.

Edited by mokwit

I don't think the problem lies with True only, KSC is giving me the same problem. It could be CAT or WOW server. I didn't experience this when playing with 1.5 patch last month. I reckon it's more of the CAT.

My game latency is flunctating at 1.2K ms during peak hours (8pm-11pm). It will come down to 800ms after midnight. I used to get 300-500ms.

Out of curiousity, I did a traceroute to us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com, even at best times I get 250ms round-trip response, but the game is saying 800ms?? I guess the game server adds on to the latency.

A continuous ping to www.google.com should a considerable amount of packet drops. This make me believes it's combination of both factor, CAT and new WOW patch that make it unplayable.

I gave up trying to explain to KSC helpdesk. They will just give me SOP instruction... Go to START, Click Run..., type C...M.. D... arghh... i got the same thing everytime i called them up... took me half an hour before they start listening to my actual problem. In the end, they said they will call me back but never did. Maybe some Thai speaking KSC subscriber can help me to escalate to the helpdesk.

Duniver L41 Mage @ Bleeding Hollow,

Eric

I don't think the problem lies with True only, KSC is giving me the same problem. It could be CAT or WOW server. I didn't experience this when playing with 1.5 patch last month. I reckon it's more of the CAT.

My game latency is flunctating at 1.2K ms during peak hours (8pm-11pm). It will come down to 800ms after midnight. I used to get 300-500ms.

Out of curiousity, I did a traceroute to us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com, even at best times I get 250ms round-trip response, but the game is saying 800ms?? I guess the game server adds on to the latency.

A continuous ping to www.google.com should a considerable amount of packet drops. This make me believes it's combination of both factor, CAT and new WOW patch that make it unplayable.

I gave up trying to explain to KSC helpdesk. They will just give me SOP instruction... Go to START, Click Run..., type C...M.. D... arghh... i got the same thing everytime i called them up... took me half an hour before they start listening to my actual problem. In the end, they said they will call me back but never did. Maybe some Thai speaking KSC subscriber can help me to escalate to the helpdesk.

Duniver L41 Mage @ Bleeding Hollow,

Eric

Since it works ok in the early morning hours, I've found myself screwing up my entire schedule just to get in my WOW time :o. So if all else fails, it seems you can rely on the game being pretty playable then.

And I see you're on bleeding hollow. Cool! I play there too. Newly minted level 60 rogue "Danniel" (or I will be in the next day or two).

And I see you're on bleeding hollow. Cool!  I play there too.  Newly minted level 60 rogue "Danniel" (or I will be in the next day or two).

Good to hear that there's someone in Thailand playing on the same server. I just login last night, but ganked twice and dead due to lag... Arghh... I'm trying hard to save up for mount. I wonder how long this gonna take me

I'm thinking of suspending my account until blizzard fixes this. My slient protest to Bliz.

looks like i might have to reroll on bleeding hollow.

Whats your character names? Horde or allience (please say horde)

Hehe, sorry Wolfie, have alliance characters. I have a horde mage on a pve server though. Look for Danniel, the alliance rogue unable to hit you due to being "out of range" all the time.

alliance here too.. i'm on home visit vacation in Singapore.. the latency is super low. 300ms all the time.. I just saw the posting in www.worldofwarcraft.com that Wow team is acknowledging the Singaporean gamers and the ISP is focusing on latency not bandwidth... finally... too bad i'll be going back to BKK next week :o