Any Auto Repair Supply Stores Around Bangkok

floridaguy

I have lived in Bangkok for almost 2 years and have yet to see a large auto repair supply store. I see all the little stores, but nothing large like a Pep Boys, Autozone, Napa like in the U.S. These large stores have one stop shopping, tires, engine parts, engines, brakes, shocks, paint, customization products. I like to tinker with my cars and motorcycles, and hate having to go to multiple places for things. If I want to buy a starter for my car or a new set of forks for my motorcycle, I want to go to one place. Well maybe 2 places, one for the car and one for the bike.

I can get parts at one of hundreds of little shops around town, paint at HomePro, tires at their own shop, cleaning supplies at Tesco/Carrefour. It is a pain in the a$$! I also couldn't find a paint supply shop dedicated to automotive paints. I did go to the area around China town and they have a couple of dozen of small shops that sell individual products, but again, no large one stop shop.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Edited by floridaguy

It is very time consuming and involved trying to locate the simplest things like you said I'm used to one stop shops and if they don't have what I need they know someone who does or will call another shop, seldom is that done here..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Hmmmm.. They have a branch right around the corner I'll go in maybe tomorrow and check it out, but I don't think that store is big enough to have the inventory I'm thinking the OP and I are speaking of but worth a look...

Hmmmm.. They have a branch right around the corner I'll go in maybe tomorrow and check it out, but I don't think that store is big enough to have the inventory I'm thinking the OP and I are speaking of but worth a look...

It's not going to have the range and stock levels we're accustomed to, but it's the closest I've come across to a typical western autoparts/accessories superstore in Thailand. Worth a look-in :)

There is a place: http://www.autobacs.co.th/

Checked it out today and it's pretty well stocked, nice catch, credit where credit is due.. Like Hak says though mostly directed towards Jap cars and mostly accessories, really too much to take it all in but there is some really good potentially hard to find items such as trim hardware, specialty brackets for mounting and holdings things such as stereos for example but have dozens of other uses, for those seeking Octane boost they had several to choose from even one from Nitrous products but most were very expensive 450b and up to over 1200b, also had high performance brake fluid and synthetic motor oils from HKS and a couple of other brands. Anyway thanks for the tip had heard of them before just thought it was one of the usual mods only stores and detailing products with minimal selection...

Edited by WarpSpeed

^&^^ The usual daft suspects chime in with nothing of value :rolleyes: . Any professional fabricator worth his salt would understand the value of such hardware so for those less versed such as yourselves I'll also mention that there are isles of colorful, flashy, little light bulbs and air fresheners to entertain those of your level of maturity -_- ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know a parts supplier selling VW//Audi parts circa 1995 era ( Audi 80 , VW Golf ) , also need some rims , would prefer to find original rims if possible .

I hIave been to the main dealer in Bangkok but - well a bit pricey . !

Thanks,

Jack

Warpy is the VW expert on this forum i'm sure he will be along with a long list of Thai suppliers at sometime although he may be lying down at the moment having recently seen flashing lights.

. Any professional fabricator worth his salt would understand the value of such hardware

Any professional fabricator would be able to easily make his own stereo bracket, but thanks for the heads up.

By even making this statement just demonstrates how clueless you really are about fabrication...... A professional fabricator spends his time wisely and knows where to spend his time and when to buy the proper equipment and get a quicker, cheaper more professional result as not doing so would be an expensive waste of time...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Anyone know a parts supplier selling VW//Audi parts circa 1995 era ( Audi 80 , VW Golf ) , also need some rims , would prefer to find original rims if possible .

Thanks,

Jack

Warpy is the VW expert on this forum i'm sure he will be along with a long list of Thai suppliers at sometime although he may be lying down at the moment having recently seen flashing lights.

Kartman you seem to have a serious envy of me and yet you still don't have the quote function down yet? You posted within his quote not only a breech of forum rules but also poor form... Flashing lights?? <deleted>?

However you are correct I do have some sources for the gentleman I'd be happy to pass along provided he's in Bangkok..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Thanks,

Jack

Jack I can help you out, are you in Bangkok? I can also help you out with advice and application if you need?

lol @ quicker better result by using some generic ill fitting bracket.

Idiot logic at its finest, is there anything your not the best at ??

eeeeer, in his case no, oh except spelling. :D

So the stereo bracket was designed well and fitted as expected, that's awesome.

Yeah, being an a--hole...Your skills in that are unsurpassed..

A professional fabricator will make it seem like OEM and purpose built but again you'd have to be one to understand that..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yeah, being an a--hole...Your skills in that are unsurpassed..

A professional fabricator will make it seem like OEM and purpose built but again you'd have to be one to understand that..

And just by chance guess what my profession is............ Im a professional fabricator here in Thailand working in the automotive industry...........

As they say, one cannot put brains in statues can they warpy.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1

So what? Certainly couldn't tell by your blinders on. We aren't talking baby strollers here. There's masses of clueless "professional fabricators", case in point apparently, if you don't see the benefits of having something already available, fabricators fabricate what is NOT readily available easily for the job....

Anyway you're a tiny insignificant part of the membership and not who my post was intended for, others can appreciate such information and they are who I post for..

Jack if you can PM me go ahead I won't be posting here anymore as usual the morons have taken over and now it's degraded into another useless thread..

Edited by WarpSpeed

So what? Certainly couldn't tell by your blinders on. We aren't talking baby strollers here. There's masses of clueless "professional fabricators", case in point apparently, if you don't see the benefits of having something already available, fabricators fabricate what is NOT readily available easily for the job....

lol, clearly you are clueless......... who exactly is wearing them blinkers.

Thanks,

Jack

Kartman you seem to have a serious envy of me and yet you still don't have the quote function down yet? You posted within his quote not only a breech of forum rules but also poor form... Flashing lights?? <deleted>?

However you are correct I do have some sources for the gentleman I'd be happy to pass along provided he's in Bangkok..

Oh dear what a BIG slip up but you read it anyway which was the purpose.

Envy of what? you are thinking no dreaming above yourself as i would not want to be what i think you are ,maybe the other members love you and is where your delusions stem from?.

As for the theads degrading to useless this seems to happen after you post in them,is there a link here?.

PS it's breach not breech which sums it up.

• Like 1

Awwwwwe...Poor, thin skinned baby.... Trying to get someone banned because they have the audacity to confront the clique when jumped on by the pack and display a different, informed point of view to counter your mis-directions and perceptions?? Pretty pathetic on your part but not unexpected, makes you feel all powerful and gratified inside doesn't it?

Your motive has been poorly masked for some time T/A with your personal attacks turned inside out to try to spin it otherwise..

Edited by WarpSpeed