Changing The Language On Nokia Phones

BIG SPUDS

ive just had the new ericson, Gave the nokia to the mrs, but it has loads of functions all in english, want to change the language so she understands it all, also so she can send texts to family and friends in thaialnd, i know i can get it done when i am in thailand but im not for another 6 months.

I have always thought that changing or updating the list of languages in mobiles (apart from what is already on there) involved updating the firmware, which can only be done with the right equipment. In which case you may only be able to get it sorted at a service centre in los.

I may be wrong however...

The language is in the firmware so you'll have to find a phone shop that is able to update the firmware (for a price no doubt) and that has the Thai language version of the software. NOTE: When they update the software it will delete ALL of your phone numbers, settings, downloaded ringtones, etc. so back up the data first. Also, if you use the PC Suite backup utility and then change the language pack, you may not be able to restore the data from the PC - it is probably safer to have a paper copy of all the info as well :o