New Firefox V1.05 Released

waldwolf

hmm.  the check now button in Firefox doesnt pick anything up.

hi'

it's likely that firefox browser will make this update through the "update" button very soon, just time to set it up ...

Waldwolf got it right when released :o [btw thanks for news :D ]

francois

^^ Yes, and that's not the only problem. (Check Forums and comments here)

As one user commented, "...can't wait until v1.1 becomes available..." :o

:D

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I'm still on 1.0.2 because of problems with 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 regarding a major problem with the context menu when I right click - instead of a small window appearing containing short list of options, I get a window too long to fit on the screen and every option possible is listed. It's probably cause by one of my extensions, but don't know which one.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Is there an option in Firefox to re-open the website pages you last had open,say after a restart?.I like that feature in Maxthon.

Start the pc up and open the browser and it asks you which web pages you last had open do you want to auto open.

Will the new version import the several hundred Book Marks that I have

in Opera?

The old version did not, which is why I canned it.

There is an issue on bookmarks with Firefox. it imports from IE if you choose. However it has a gliched in the system as all your bookmarks can be lost and you have to import from IE again losing those you saved on Firefox that were not on explorer!!!

If someone could advise on where and IF firefox has a save function for favourites on your comp. It has not saved my firefox bookmarks, where are they!!!! :o

Thanks all

Ought to be possible as an extension too.

Alternatively, I could look before I leap... The feature you need is here:

http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/sessionsaver

Thanks for that,its a feature I used a lot on maxthron

Or try Tabbrowser Extensions:

http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabextensions/index.html.en

This extension does everything! But read the warnings that come with it - it is constantly being updated, bug-fixed, feature-added. It is unstable and not recommended by Mozilla Foundation... BUT, it is so feature-rich, I can't do without it.

Will the new version import the several hundred Book Marks that I have

in Opera?

The old version did not, which is why I canned it.

There is an issue on bookmarks with Firefox. it imports from IE if you choose. However it has a gliched in the system as all your bookmarks can be lost and you have to import from IE again losing those you saved on Firefox that were not on explorer!!!

If someone could advise on where and IF firefox has a save function for favourites on your comp. It has not saved my firefox bookmarks, where are they!!!! :o

Thanks all

I've not had a problem with FF bookmarks. After importing the IE favourites, all bookmarks end up in "C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile name>\bookmarks.html" (Windows XP).

Have a look here for information about FF's important files:

http://aasted.org/adblock/viewtopic.php?t=719

Edit:

The only problem I have with FF bookmarks, is that I haven't found an extension the correctly exports my bookmarks back into IE's favourites folder. I want to do this, because sometimes I want to try IE or Maxthon for a particular web site, and I need the favourites folder to reflect the FF bookmarks.

Fortunately, there is the "View this page in IE" extension for FF which allows you to effectively switch browsers if FF has a problem, but that is not the whole solution.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I'm still on 1.0.2 because of problems with 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 regarding a major problem with the context menu when I right click - instead of a small window appearing containing short list of options, I get a window too long to fit on the screen and every option possible is listed. It's probably cause by one of my extensions, but don't know which one.

I get the same problem and I only have three extensions installed so it must be one of these

Gmail Notifier, Adblock, Flashgot.

Having said that I have installed V1.0.5 this morning and I think it has cured the problem

Just read your extension list.

Where did you get ieview and allow right click ?

IEview here: http://ieview.mozdev.org/

"Allow Right Click" appears to have moved to where Bartender100 found it! :o

Something you might want to think about doing... I always save the extensions to my hard disk before I install them. I install them by dragging and dropping the extension file onto a shortcut to FF, on my desktop. Other methods can fail to install correctly, this one hardly ever does. It also means you have all the extension files to hand if you need to re-install, upgrade FF, or any other reason.

PS. Glad to here you have or had that problem with the context menu - "misery loves company". Glad it's not just me doing something wrong. I'll let you know what happens after I upgrade to 1.0.5.

Still have a problem with 1.0.5 context menu. It's basically f***ed.

Compare the menu from 1.0.5 ...............................................with that from 1.0.2:

ff238it.jpg ........ff2102a7sk.jpg

If I select a link or graphic, then I get a different set of items in the menu, but still v1.0.5 appears to have lost control of what should be in the menu, and what shouldn't.

So I'll stay with 1.0.2 until I can be bothered to find which extension is screwing it all up.