Obese, Diabetic, Smoking Sex Tourist Is Appalled At Lack Of Nana Plaza Fire Exits

Boater

NANA PLAZA -- The lack of a rear fire exit and a general absence of international-standard safety rules at Nana Entertainment Plaza was emphatically condemned last night by Lester Mott, a 47-year old American sex tourist who frequents the area.

Mott, who smokes 3 packs of Khrong Tip a day and has Type 2 obesity-related diabetes, claimed that a fire exit was a basic standard of safety that even a third-world country should be able to manage. While eating a cheeseburger and smoking, both of which his physician has begged him to quit, Mott railed against what he perceived as Thailand’s “basic disregard for the sanctity of life.”

The divorced expatriate then insisted that he was primarity concerned for the safety and rights of the Thai women employed at the plaza, whom he regularly pressures into anal sex for no extra charge.

Mott concluded his statement by threatening to boycott Nana Plaza for the 129th time since 1996.

http://www.notthenation.com/pages/news/getnews.php?id=943

Edited by Boater

The fire safety of NEP is real but this guy is a joke.

Not their best. I'm guessing Notthenation must be scraping the bottom of the barrel (apologies to the imaginative yet easily offended) for copywriters.

Still, we get the general gist of the story, and see how funny it could be if it was well-written.

I suppose its a bit like prison jokes; you know what's funny without hearing the whole joke, and can laugh about it regardless.

Anyway, tea-break's over, back on your heads...

SC

Yet, in reality, there are no fire exits...

Perhaps we should start a thread:

- Why Nana Plaza should be shut down:

a) No fire exits

B) Inadequate parking

c) Foreign ownership of business

d) Lady-boys do not appeal to homosexual men

e) Other obscure minority-interest personal prejudices

I was in a bar the other night that had a fire-eating show, and all I could think was - Sandika; funnily enough, one of the sister bars to the one I was in also had a fire around New Year the same year, as I recall.

Anyway, my recommendation is to sit near the door during indoor fireworks and other pyrotechnics.

SC

TV - your source of helpful advice for a safe life in Thailand

"The divorced expatriate then insisted that he was primarity concerned for the safety and rights of the Thai women employed at the plaza, whom he regularly pressures into anal sex for no extra charge. "

:lol:

The irony of this man complaining about rear door exits ...... :lol::cheesy:

Edited by neverdie

I appologize for my ignorance here, but can anyone fill me in regarding this website?

Is it just a website with made up articles?

Is this guy in the article (in this thread) part of the fun? If yes, I guess he is not afraid that someone might believe him.

My favorite was when they had a fake ad running for a new bar and one of the lines was "hurry up and come before all the Indians start coming and its not cool anymore" fuc_king awesome.

One must always seize the moment when one sees a humorous moment par excellence:

post-60541-036372600 1283784845_thumb.jp

:ph34r:

I appologize for my ignorance here, but can anyone fill me in regarding this website?

Is this guy in the article (in this thread) part of the fun? If yes, I guess he is not afraid that someone might believe him.

NotTheNation is a sort of local crappy joke news story website, an lame attempt to copy The Onion. The "stories" are rarely humorous although the writers and editors (if they have any?) probably think they're hilarious. Not sure if the OP thought this might be a real story, but some follow-on posters seemed to think it was real. Also not sure who the dolt in the photo is? He doesn't look obese.

Edited by lomatopo

• 2 weeks later...

the complete inability of so many on this website to recognize satire boggles the mind.

a personal favourite:

Architect Sumet Jumsai To Create New Building In The Shape Of His Own Penis

Construction of four-and-half storey structure to begin this year

Peniscropped.jpgBANGKOK – Famous Thai architect Sumet Jumsai announced this week that designs for a new building in the shape of his own penis had been approved. The small structure will be erected by the end of this year.

http://www.notthenation.com/pages/news/getnews.php?id=919

Edited by nocturn

NotTheNation is a sort of local crappy joke news story website, an lame attempt to copy The Onion. The "stories" are rarely humorous although the writers and editors (if they have any?) probably think they're hilarious. Not sure if the OP thought this might be a real story, but some follow-on posters seemed to think it was real. Also not sure who the dolt in the photo is? He doesn't look obese.

horses for courses i guess. i find some of the articles very amusing and often spot on when it comes to describing the sublime absurdity of thai politics and daily life.

i would certainly rather read notthenation than another unhappy old git complaining he cant find a decent wife with a thousand baht note tacked to his forehead.

Edited by nocturn