Regarding My Wife'S 1St Usa Trip

OK my wife got her 1st USA tourist visa. On her visa it states that she must travel to the USA with her husband. Can she go with me in the USA citizen line rather than the visitor line by herself? Her visa states my name as well. This is a 1st so hoping for someone's personal experience

Ditto. In situations likes yours US immigration points actually prefer the "family" process through the same line regardless of various citizenships (the immigration point knows the family needs/wants to stay together during this hectic arrival/departure time).

Ditto. In situations likes yours US immigration points actually prefer the "family" process through the same line regardless of various citizenships (the immigration point knows the family needs/wants to stay together during this hectic arrival/departure time).

Thank you to both of you. Also, I assume that immi in the states dont need to see our marriage certif as the Embassy already checked it out prior to approval

Thank you to both of you. Also, I assume that immi in the states dont need to see our marriage certif as the Embassy already checked it out prior to approval

Congrats on her visa.

Re the marriage certificate, might as well take it along, who knows? My Thai wife has never been asked to produce such, and she didn't change her last name to mine. Seems to not be a problem, but ....

Mac

My wife (who holds a 10 year tourist visa) walked through with me (and our son) The customs officer who stamped her in was very polite and professional. We only stayed in the States for 3 weeks, but she was stamped for 6 months which i think is standard.

have a good trip!

Edited by mizzi39

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you too Mizzi, I always notice that you are an enormous help for those applying for US visas. The forum is fortunate to have guys like you, burymac, Pib and Gotlost

I have been told is nearly impossible to get a tourist visa to the US for a Thai wife. Therefore she has applied for an immigrant visa even though we never intend to stay there.

What do I need to know?