Thailand V England

elvisp

Yeah for the whore-mongering prima- donnas that play for England.

A whole lot of IF's but do you reckon Rooney will be allowed out to play? :D

He'll probably be "tied up" in Theramae

If you believe the tabloid press it looks like he'll be single by next Tuesday. No doubt the bar girls will hear of this and surround the hotel. How can he resist the chants of 'Looney!...Looney!'....all together now.....:lol:

Yeah for the whore-mongering prima- donnas that play for England.

And support them :D not withstanding!

Wonder if Steve Coppell will be the "tour manager" for this friendly?

Edited by mrtoad

I was wondering where the OP got the actual date from. Did a Google search yesterday and found nothing, but today found this http://www.fsf.org.u...tures/index.php which appears to confirm that it will be on Wednesday 8th June, although I have no idea how reliable their information is.

Am I right in assuming that it will be at Rajamangala or are there other options ?

Salty I am sure it will probably not be the most exciting of games, but i went to the Liverpool game last year knowing it would probably not be a thrilling game, but the atmosphere was brilliant and it was a really good night out . Hopefully the England game will be the same, if I can make it !

boogie,

I hope you can make it and it is an enjoyable evening. I am old and cynical. :)

Yea I agree with you 100% Just that as an evening out it was very enjoyable. I wouldn't even think about attending an England friendly in England. Anyway looks like my chances of going are slim to none .:crying:

It would mean me arriving in Thailand about a week before the wife and kids, to say that suggestion didn't go down too well is putting it mildly :D

• 2 months later...

you can kiss goodbye to this one now by the way. be amazed if it goes ahead.

Why ??

as i understand it england committed to that fixture - and also arranged for peter withe to be thailand's national team manager - in exchange for thailand's vote. thailand didn't vote for england so there's every chance england will pull the friendly.

Why ??

as i understand it england committed to that fixture - and also arranged for peter withe to be thailand's national team manager - in exchange for thailand's vote. thailand didn't vote for england so there's every chance england will pull the friendly.

You've confused me Mate, Peter Withe ?? Appointed in 98 ??

& if England had arranged to play Thailand in Thailand in exchange for their vote & the Thai's STILL didn't do vote for England, then that right there is ACTUAL PROOF of Cash Bungs going on more than anythign else that even Panarama could ever expose..:D

Why ??

& if England had arranged to play Thailand in Thailand in exchange for their vote & the Thai's STILL didn't do vote for England, then that right there is ACTUAL PROOF of Cash Bungs going on more than anythign else that even Panarama could ever expose..:D

sorry, wasn't paying attention properly there. was on the radio five show from last night i was listening to this morning. i think they must have meant that they used peter withe out here to schmooze the thais, him having been thailand manager etc. the friendly was the quid pro quo for the vote. so what would be in it for the english fa now?

sorry, wasn't paying attention properly there. was on the radio five show from last night i was listening to this morning. i think they must have meant that they used peter withe out here to schmooze the thais, him having been thailand manager etc. the friendly was the quid pro quo for the vote. so what would be in it for the english fa now?

No probs..

If they didn't vote for the English bid yet had the Friendly lined up as a " Thank you " in doing so, for one it serves the FA right ffor doing what they did in teh first place as it is exactly teh same thing as what Blatter et all get up too & secondly, Poxy Thai's are so predictable...:D

Reading this conversation is seems England might deserve a world cup banning all of their own. Bribing a Thai? Well it wouldn't be the first time now would it!! :lol:

Shame on the whole prosess......pure greed nothing to do with football at all any of it.

The only thing I can see stopping the game would be more riots come next year......then England will have a crappy excuse. ;)

Reading this conversation is seems England might deserve a world cup banning all of their own. Bribing a Thai? Well it wouldn't be the first time now would it!! :lol:

Shame on the whole prosess......pure greed nothing to do with football at all any of it.

The only thing I can see stopping the game would be more riots come next year......then England will have a crappy excuse. ;)

Or we could just shwo them how it's done properly..:D

Thr Russians have done that already. I wonder how the Russian authorities plan to deal with the race issues over there? They are a long way behind western europe on race relations and PC correctness.

Banana skins instead of vuvuzelas anyone? :o

Thr Russians have done that already. I wonder how the Russian authorities plan to deal with the race issues over there? They are a long way behind western europe on race relations and PC correctness.

The authorities will just beat the living crap out of anyone creating a situation that might embarrass them. ;)

The authorities will just beat the living crap out of anyone creating a situation that might embarrass them. ;)

With special instructions from the FIFA committee for anyone with 'three lions on their shirt'. :rolleyes: