Bkk To London?

unsuredebra

I am looking for flights home end of this month early next month and have been trying to search for the best deal.

My internet keeps going off so having difficulties trying to find airlines that go to UK other than qatar although in the past qatar have always been the cheapes..

Can anyone recommend any airlines that could be cheapish... I cant get into emirates, tried etihad, aroflot, jet air, thai air too expensive and so is eva air. and all these searches too so long..

If anyone can recommend an airline it would be much appreciated

Kind Regards

Debra

You will find that buying a ticket in Thailand to the UK is far more expensive than buying one in the UK to come here, reason being no real demand here so they are free to hike up the price. I have spent hours on the web looking for good deals to the UK and they dont exist.Rather than trying to get into an airlines web site just google cheap flights to UK and trawl through the travel agents, wish you luck

You will find that buying a ticket in Thailand to the UK is far more expensive than buying one in the UK to come here, reason being no real demand here so they are free to hike up the price. I have spent hours on the web looking for good deals to the UK and they dont exist.Rather than trying to get into an airlines web site just google cheap flights to UK and trawl through the travel agents, wish you luck

I got a pretty good deal with MOXTRAVEL in June this year a return with Air India for 25400 Baht.The flight was good but the transit in Delhi was crap but i think they have just opened a new airport so maybe the transit has improved.

I'm assuming you are looking for return flights, BA, not an airline I would normally consider, have flights going out late September and returning early October for a tad under 37,000 Baht, with over 12,000 of that being taxes and surcharges. Still expensive in my view but at least it's a direct flight and about 10,000 cheaper than Thai.

I found non-direct flights with Qatar at a tad under 29,000, Emirates and Jet both at about 29,500 and Etihad at 31,600

If you want to explore other possible routes have a look at these sites, internet permitting http://www.skyscanner.net/ & http://www.dohop.com/

^^^^

That's pretty good if you can be flexible with dates, the dates I punched in with the previous search came out at 41,000 Baht, but there are sure some deals on the site if the dates suit.

Thanks

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/international-flight-specials/global/en?departureAirportCode=BKK&arrivalAirportCode=LHR

Current special offer from Qatar Airways is Bht 29.5K, BKK/UK/BKK.

I always fly QA to/from Thailand

NT

PS It's non-stop for me!

qatar air dont do non-stop flights to uk do you mean quantus

No.

In my case my start & finish point has been Qatar! :-)

Cheers!

NT

Edited by Neillythere

Flights are so expensive from here to the uk nearly 50000baht for 2 singles one being a child age 7, you can get 2 returns in the uk for that! Just like other things in thailand, over priced taxis on samui,phuket etc! i am starting to think thailand has one goal and that is to rip the tourist of completely ! in every way ! not a pattaya lover but not bad ! but thats the cheapist place ive been in thailand apart from the boonies !

I just flew with Areoflot BKK to London via Moscow. The fare was 27000 return. You could try them. The flights themselves were excellent with new aircraft (airbus) and the food was as good as anything I have had on any airline. The airport in Moscow is bloody awful.. never met such rude staff.

If you can put up with the stopover then it's ok. Try Aeroflots website for price.

Edited by RioMist

Flights are so expensive from here to the uk nearly 50000baht for 2 singles one being a child age 7, you can get 2 returns in the uk for that! Just like other things in thailand, over priced taxis on samui,phuket etc! i am starting to think thailand has one goal and that is to rip the tourist of completely ! in every way ! not a pattaya lover but not bad ! but thats the cheapist place ive been in thailand apart from the boonies !

Flights in Thailand to UK have not increased in over 5 years, always approx 30,000 baht....the only reason you think they are expensive is because Sterling has lost so much value...30,000 Baht 2 years ago was ony 400 quid, thats what a flight from UK to BKK is so no more expensive, its just Browns bad handling of the economy that has made flights more expensive in him making Sterling a junk currency

I have often heard this argument, I know not if it's a valid argument so, just for fun, I thought I would put it to the test.

I plucked a couple of dates out of the air and priced trips from BKK to LHR and the reverse on the same day, with the two national carriers, using an exchange rate of 48 THB to the GBP.

BA - LHR to BKK, £716 or 34,368 Baht

BKK to LHR, 38,040 Baht (or about 10.7% more expensive)

Thai - LHR to BKK, £710 or 34,113 Baht

BKK to LHR 47,260 Baht (or about 40% more expensive)

OK, not a very scientific exercise but fairly interesting.

Footnote. if anybody needs to go to London next week, either one way or return, Thai have Superdeals available on a specific dates, 13,250 Baht one way and 28,250 Baht return, all in.