Uk Settlement Visa Thai Wife

I have had some excellent advice recently about applying for a UK Settlement Visa.

In my last post i mentioned i was concerned i that my boss may ask me to leave my job.

Unfortunately for me that is just what's has happened today i've been given a weeks notice to

leave when i was going to make the settlement Visa over the weekend as would have all the money needed to do so.

Obviously i will be looking for another job a.s.a.p.

So i'm in a position of not knowing if it's possible to apply for the Settlement Visa now, although i will strictly be working next week when if i apply,but am unsure what to do in the situation,i would be most grateful for any advice.

Pomchob.

You only have to supply the LAST 6 months bank statements together with accommodation details. Best you act quickly in order to show your bank statements with wages going in

Good Luck

With respect, I would not advise doing that. Please remember that the visa officer, when considering the application, can contact anyone he wishes, including your claimed employer. If you no longer work where you claim to be working, and you have not advised the visa officer of this, then the visa will probably be refused. I would advise postponing the application until you can show either that you have a job or can, at the very least, show that you have a confirmed offer of a job. Do not put your wife or yourself in the position of making fraudulent claims in the visa application. It could result in serious problems for you both in any future visa applications.

You only have to supply the LAST 6 months bank statements together with accommodation details. Best you act quickly in order to show your bank statements with wages going in

Good Luck

With respect, I would not advise doing that. Please remember that the visa officer, when considering the application, can contact anyone he wishes, including your claimed employer. If you no longer work where you claim to be working, and you have not advised the visa officer of this, then the visa will probably be refused. I would advise postponing the application until you can show either that you have a job or can, at the very least, show that you have a confirmed offer of a job. Do not put your wife or yourself in the position of making fraudulent claims in the visa application. It could result in serious problems for you both in any future visa applications.

i do not believe it would be a fraudulent application if you get it in now, you are still working when it went in and if they do contact your employer he cannot deny at the date your app went in you was still an employee there, im sorry if it was me i would go ahead quickly,

Good Luck

Thanks Visaplus i will bear that in mind as i don't want to cause serious problems with the law and our application

cheers from pomchob.

Good Luck

i do not believe it would be a fraudulent application if you get it in now, you are still working when it went in and if they do contact your employer he cannot deny at the date your app went in you was still an employee there, im sorry if it was me i would go ahead quickly,

Thanks TigerJohn for your input good luck from Pomchob.

Certainly not fraudulent if applied for when working but huge problems if they want to speak to your employer or telephone you at work etc.

Your call whether you think they will get in touch with your work. My guess is that they will not in most cases.

There was some post when the email given did not match the employer or something, you may want to research that as you cannot give your work email can you ?

Using a job to show that you satisfy the maintenance requirements when you know that the job is about to be terminated could cause you and your wife serious problems.

MAA10 Assessing adequate means of maintenance says that the ECO should be "satisfied that job offers are genuine and the work likely to last for the foreseeable future."

As you yourself have only recently returned to the UK and started this job then there is a good chance, in my opinion, that the ECO could check with your employer. If they do and are told that you no longer work for them and were under notice of termination when the application was submitted then this could cause the ECO to refuse under Para 320(7A)

where false representations have been made or false documents or information have been submitted (whether or not material to the application, and whether or not to the applicant's knowledge), or material facts have not been disclosed, in relation to the application.

(My emphasis)

and any subsequent applications to be refused under Para 320(11).

I'm not saying that this will happen, but you need to be aware of the possibility.

As I said to you in this post

If you were to lose your job, then this does not necessarily mean that her application would be refused. You will be initially living with family, so your outgoings will be low, and financial support from family is permitted under the rules. However, you should show what steps you have taken to to find work.

So, my advice is to either delay the application until you are working again, or fully explain what has happened and show what steps you are taking to find new employment and how you and your wife will be supported in the mean time; savings and/or third party support.

Remember that if someone is offering to help support you until you find work, then they will need to write a covering letter to say so and provide evidence of their ability to do so.

Using a job to show that you satisfy the maintenance requirements when you know that the job is about to be terminated could cause you and your wife serious problems.

MAA10 Assessing adequate means of maintenance says that the ECO should be "satisfied that job offers are genuine and the work likely to last for the foreseeable future."

As you yourself have only recently returned to the UK and started this job then there is a good chance, in my opinion, that the ECO could check with your employer. If they do and are told that you no longer work for them and were under notice of termination when the application was submitted then this could cause the ECO to refuse under Para 320(7A)

where false representations have been made or false documents or information have been submitted (whether or not material to the application, and whether or not to the applicant's knowledge), or material facts have not been disclosed, in relation to the application.

(My emphasis)

and any subsequent applications to be refused under Para 320(11).

I'm not saying that this will happen, but you need to be aware of the possibility.

As I said to you in this post

If you were to lose your job, then this does not necessarily mean that her application would be refused. You will be initially living with family, so your outgoings will be low, and financial support from family is permitted under the rules. However, you should show what steps you have taken to to find work.

So, my advice is to either delay the application until you are working again, or fully explain what has happened and show what steps you are taking to find new employment and how you and your wife will be supported in the mean time; savings and/or third party support.

Remember that if someone is offering to help support you until you find work, then they will need to write a covering letter to say so and provide evidence of their ability to do so.

Hi 7by7.. Thank-you very much for taking the time and effort to explain where i stand regarding the Settlement Visa Rules.After taking time to think of the options i consider the Family Visit Visa for now would be best option i think now that you have to be careful with causing problems with an application so when i'm in a better position job etc in the future, when she returns to Thailand,we can apply then.

The Family Visit Visa with family sponsor will be supporting one person my wife,but with the Settlement Visa the third party Support would be from my family and the ECO might consider that two people will be supported and living with the family as well, which might well be pushing it a bit and we may not get the decision were so really want.

Good Luck and thanks for your excellent advice once again from Pomchob.