What Is The Cheapest Pick Up Truck To Buy Here In Phuket

kenny999

I tried one yesterday,you are right..Only thing it was Black,the sign of an Idiot.A worthy alternative to any Truck,unless you sell Water Mellons or need to carry 2 Motorbikes everywhere.:)

Yes they look OK but for very little more you can get a bigger Mitsubishi Lancer + is 6 speed against the Proton 4 speed AUTO.

OK is 4 door against 5 door

Up to a point the Nissan Tiida comes the closest both being 5 door + 4 speed AUTO... cost just under 100k more for a good spec 'S' one... Out of interest a 2008 Proton Gen2 is over 100k less to buy 2nd hand than a Tiida, so the Nissan holds it value better., there again the Lancer holds it value better then both..

A new Nissan March Auto is 200k less !

Just looked at the nissan March a nice small car and a lot cheaper although it is only a 1.2, so good on fuel etc will be looking at that car first. 130,000 cheaper than a Yaris so must be a serious consideration.

Mitsu.they just feel good to me,all of them.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still, with those engines if you want to pass in front of a crazy motorbike or crazy slow driver, by the time you reach 65km/h you'll be dead from a frontal colision. Cars are too slow here, no need to put yourself in more danger by getting a sub 100hp car. If cars are too expensive, just get a second hand one. Plenty of CRV's for 400 00baht and old honda's for 300 000

one2car dot com gives you a good idea

Edited by ilyelol

hows a kangeroo feel any documention facts???????????????????????

not allowed to post link to such thai test on TV, forum rules

when i was a kid and learning to drive, operating clutch smooth didnt always work out. we called it kangaroo petrol. one friend never managed, so he bought himself a beetle with similar gear/autoclutch Proton savy is using today, but it was 2 speed only. Basicly its the same as Honda Wave, centrifugal gear level operated clutch

what on earth has this to do with cheapest pickup in Phuket, we r far O T:D

Edited by katabeachbum

Do keep up, the OP was looking for a cheap pickup, but now has changed his mind/open to another option so looking for a cheap new car, this is the reason posts have changed from pickup to cars.

i dont know about nissan but the proton with 75hp (the really small one) everytime it changes speed(on automatic) you get a huge feedback, feels like you are having an accident. My guess is it is about the same with the small nissan.. Lawn mower engine in a car is not a good idea.

Test drove 2 cars like this years ago.. The Toyota Yaris, and the Smart, the Smart was ideal as so big inside but did not buy because of the jerky gearbox, The Yaris was a 1.1 engine and they sold very few, then came the proper auto 1.3 Yaris... I am talking years ago.

Good question. Why indeed?

I'd argue anyway that for some, having a sign (black or otherwise) to indicate idiocy is superfluous. They are the sign.

Black is not a good idea in hot climes,Silvery or light shades repell heat and assist the Air Con load

Sometimes people compromise on practicality for desirability. Bit like buying a coupe or a sports car. Doesn't make them idiots.

Do keep up, the OP was looking for a cheap pickup, but now has changed his mind/open to another option so looking for a cheap new car, this is the reason posts have changed from pickup to cars.

hmm, cheap pickup is AC and powersteering, but no airbags or auto gear

as is Nissan March base at 375k baht

425k baht March gets better font seats, electric windows, central lock etc

Cheap on fuel, approx 18 km/liter with AC in real world. tax is approx 700 baht a year.