What Is Going On?

Taro

Every night, there seems to be a party in my garden. Invariably, I get waken up at 3-4 am by some kind of "thing" running around and bumping into my (metal) water tank. This goes on for minutes at a time. Sometimes a few times a night. It's something big enough to trigger my motion lights outside too. If I was in the States, I would think it's raccoons because of the type of noise, but since there are no racoons here, then what? And no, I'm not brave enough to go check.

No toads. I can hear their feet. Rats... I don't know. Sounds like something bigger. Or maybe there are like 20 running around. I find that difficult to believe, though. I have a terrier and terriers are notoriously good at hunting rodents, but he doesn't seem to pick up any scents during the day. I can't believe the rats just come out of nowhere at 3 am and decide to bump into my water tank over and over.

Do you have any outside lighting that shines on the tank?

My own lights are all off at night, but I never paid attention to whether maybe a neighbor's light shines on it. Why?

Well, there are some fairly large things that fly around at night that would be attracted to the light shining off the metal tank, they don't walk around, so you would only hear the bang when they connected, plus your dog would not be interested in them (usually)

If you are that concerned why don't you stay awake one night and find out for yourself what is really going?

Is guessing about creatures running around in the night on this forum really going to solve your problem?

Because I'm a woman and I live alone. The idea of going into a dark garden at 3am is not really that appealing. And I'm pretty sure if I turn on the outside lights, the thing, whatever it is, will get spooked and run away before I get a chance to see it.

My own lights are all off at night, but I never paid attention to whether maybe a neighbor's light shines on it. Why?

Well, there are some fairly large things that fly around at night that would be attracted to the light shining off the metal tank, they don't walk around, so you would only hear the bang when they connected, plus your dog would not be interested in them (usually)

What fairly large things fly around at night? The only bats I've seen are rather small.

Me too! Been trying to catch one for a couple of years.

Have a live goat for bait and sit with it at the end of my soi for a few hours each night.

No chupacabra yet, but alot of weird stares from the locals.

P.S., Let me know if you need to borrow the goat.

P.P.S., My condo looks like hel_l!.......and he loves to eat couches.

UPDATE: So the chupacabras o whatever it is visiting at night doesn't like the lights on. I've been leaving one of the patio lights on for the last couple of nights and no noises so far. Hopefully that solved it!

This brings some of us ( yes, I am sure) to the following question: What will happen if you switch of the light??? Please keep don't keep us in suspense too long....

;)

UPDATE: So the chupacabras o whatever it is visiting at night doesn't like the lights on. I've been leaving one of the patio lights on for the last couple of nights and no noises so far. Hopefully that solved it!

This brings some of us ( yes, I am sure) to the following question: What will happen if you switch of the light??? Please keep don't keep us in suspense too long....

;)

I did last night and the damned thing (things?) was back, so it's lights on from now on or I'm going to die of a heart attack.

• Like 1

What fairly large things fly around at night? The only bats I've seen are rather small.

Ever seen a fruit bat.........small they aint!!

Ive heard they drink your blood and lust after virgins???:o

post-113733-093362700 1284675058_thumb.j

Edited by travelmann

;)

I did last night and the damned thing (things?) was back, so it's lights on from now on or I'm going to die of a heart attack.

Is it an Elephant?? sorry but at least we can rule that out:lol:

OK seriously dig a pit 3 metres deep and let us know what falls in, please send photos of you digging the pit.

Edited by travelmann

Me too! Been trying to catch one for a couple of years.

Have a live goat for bait and sit with it at the end of my soi for a few hours each night.

No chupacabra yet, but alot of weird stares from the locals.

P.S., Let me know if you need to borrow the goat.

P.P.S., My condo looks like hel_l!.......and he loves to eat couches.

You need a chupacabra

to help you with the goat problem but what came first the goat or the chupacabra?????