Junk Steering And I-Shift On Jazz ?

Velocette

Which Jazz is being discussed here, 2002 to 2007 or 2007-2011? In LOS they share the same 1,5 4 valve engine (for those of the old model having 4 valves), but except for that not one part in common. Actually engine is not identical neither.

In addition Jazz comes with 2 or 3 different suspension setups and steering ratios, LOS usually selling the US spec with light steering and soft suspension.

As for the article stating Jazz, Civic and CRV coming with same suspension, utter b-llsh-t. On the contrary, each of them have different suspension and steering for different markets, making at least 30 different combinations. Check part numbers for those not believing.

There is no secret electric power steering does not give same feeling with frontwheels as an hydaulic one, but I find present Jazz in LOS spec to be a decent ride, on par or above most.

In adition, LOS Jazz is made from LOS made parts, UK Jazz mostly from EU made parts. Not much identical.

This is the problem I had with the generality of the post and the article, the one posted was from 2002 so lumping the current car and varying market requirements etc. some years later is really stretching the goal posts....

I agree it's stretching the goal posts, no question about that, however , the problem in question appears to have been around for many years without being resoved. So it was certainly around as early as 2002 until the present day.

Katebeachbums info is interesting with regard to all the different components, setups etc. Equally fascinating and bizarre ( I think) is the different parts twixt LOS and the UK, who would Adam and Eve it ? . . . . .and it gets the thumbs up as well :rolleyes:

Which Jazz is being discussed here, 2002 to 2007 or 2007-2011? In LOS they share the same 1,5 4 valve engine (for those of the old model having 4 valves), but except for that not one part in common. Actually engine is not identical neither.

In addition Jazz comes with 2 or 3 different suspension setups and steering ratios, LOS usually selling the US spec with light steering and soft suspension.

As for the article stating Jazz, Civic and CRV coming with same suspension, utter b-llsh-t. On the contrary, each of them have different suspension and steering for different markets, making at least 30 different combinations. Check part numbers for those not believing.

There is no secret electric power steering does not give same feeling with frontwheels as an hydaulic one, but I find present Jazz in LOS spec to be a decent ride, on par or above most.

In adition, LOS Jazz is made from LOS made parts, UK Jazz mostly from EU made parts. Not much identical.

This is the problem I had with the generality of the post and the article, the one posted was from 2002 so lumping the current car and varying market requirements etc. some years later is really stretching the goal posts....

I agree it's stretching the goal posts, no question about that, however , the problem in question appears to have been around for many years without being resoved. So it was certainly around as early as 2002 until the present day.

This is what reinforces my premiss, it's not due to any serious design flaw that wouldn't have been addressed long ago. It's more due to other mitigating factors any number of which can manifest in the same way at any given time, on any given model year, in any given country, so therefore no real flaw to address except to adjust driving style or change models if it is that much of a concern.. Some of the drivers some of the time but not all of the drivers all of the time..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I do tend to wonder how a modern day car, like here, the jazz, can cause problems for any driver just cos of a different set up.

For those of us that drove heavy goods trucks way back when with no power steering and some with 3 or 4 inches of steering wheel play, well you just jumped in and got on with it. and ate your sandwiches.

Also try the steering on cars of the fifties and sixties, it was a constant battle with correction, but you got on with it, and then you had totally infective brakes to contend with too.

Is it that we want to get in our ride and do nothing, is it a bind that we have to steer the thing, or if we have to think about steering the thing it's a problem. Of course progress comes into play with everything to make us more lazy or a minor thing is a big problem.

I can understand granny having problems adjusting to a new ride but for the rest who complain, you've been spoilt.:D

anyone complaining about jazz steering should have a go with one of the+40 y o safari landys here in Phuket. no powersteering and 1/4 turn steering wheel play:D

I do tend to wonder how a modern day car, like here, the jazz, can cause problems for any driver just cos of a different set up.

For those of us that drove heavy goods trucks way back when with no power steering and some with 3 or 4 inches of steering wheel play, well you just jumped in and got on with it. and ate your sandwiches.

Also try the steering on cars of the fifties and sixties, it was a constant battle with correction, but you got on with it, and then you had totally infective brakes to contend with too.

Is it that we want to get in our ride and do nothing, is it a bind that we have to steer the thing, or if we have to think about steering the thing it's a problem. Of course progress comes into play with everything to make us more lazy or a minor thing is a big problem.

I can understand granny having problems adjusting to a new ride but for the rest who complain, you've been spoilt.:D

anyone complaining about jazz steering should have a go with one of the+40 y o safari landys here in Phuket. no powersteering and 1/4 turn steering wheel play:D

I've driven lorries the same. I remember, half a century ago, going to school on the double decker bus, sitting behind the driver watching how he drove this monster, no power steering and a steering wheel near 3 feet across, bit of an art and having to struggle with it 8 hours a day.:)

8 months ago I was driving a brand new Jazz, great handling and steering car. Then had to drive an approx 5 y o Jazz, and steering, suspension, auto and stuff felt worn. Looked at the odo, 250k km!!! Not bad

Thank you all valiant knights to come to the defense of my car :D

Did drive it to fishing today and love that i can get all my rods in and stuff. Beats my motorbike thing is now i just take to much with me to go fishing. :D

A truck on the horizon eh.

Not really.. the problem is not fitting the stuff in the Jazz.. the problem is carying the stuff from the jazz to the fishing spot :D

I am really happy with how the jazz can transport big stuff standing up. I could transport a complete watercooler (office type) standing up in the jazz. Just had to lift the seats up and voila space for large things that need to be transported upright. (think big plants and small trees stuff like that.

Thank you all valiant knights to come to the defense of my car :D

Did drive it to fishing today and love that i can get all my rods in and stuff. Beats my motorbike thing is now i just take to much with me to go fishing. :D

A truck on the horizon eh.

Not really.. the problem is not fitting the stuff in the Jazz.. the problem is carying the stuff from the jazz to the fishing spot :D

I am really happy with how the jazz can transport big stuff standing up. I could transport a complete watercooler (office type) standing up in the jazz. Just had to lift the seats up and voila space for large things that need to be transported upright. (think big plants and small trees stuff like that.

modern hatches are impressive, I managed to squeeze in a huge recliner, 42" TV and a 50 kg rottweiler in my Yaris, and no problem for 700km. Jazz is even better, volume like a Fortuner:)

Yes I moved some incredible amounts of a buddy's house fixings some years ago and that is why I mentioned the compromise required in suspension and wheel settings there has to be a sacrifice made to accommodate such large payload capacity..

Rob! So the truth's out now! I know why you invited me? :angry: You just need help carrying the cooler and poles!!! :annoyed::(:P:lol:

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yes I moved some incredible amounts of a buddy's house fixings some years ago and that is why I mentioned the compromise required in suspension and wheel settings there has to be a sacrifice made to accommodate such large payload capacity..

Rob! So the truth's out now! I know why you invited me? :angry: You just need help carrying the cooler and poles!!! :annoyed::(:P:lol:

Sure sure.. :D No coolers needed as i go to fishing parks where you can get all you want from shops. The thing is there is not much natural water in BKK.