Obtaining A Type O Non Immigrant Visa

First of all let me say this is a fantastic web site with some very useful information on it, well done! OK I am Australian living in Sydney married to a Thai for 14 years and my age is 43. Marriage is registered in Aust but not in Thailand. My wife now holds a Aust passport but not a Thai one as that expired long ago. She does however have a current ID card and is included on her brothers house book.

I travel to Thailand for recreation and fun and stay there for 6 Months of the year. Last year I obtained my first type O non imm visa from the Perth Consulate. They had some good staff there that accepted me sending my passport there from Sydney and issueing the visa and then sent it back to me. However the usual person who issued the Visa's from there has moved on and the new person said they will not be accepting passports from interstate anymore (so my friend says as of OCT).

What is the best and easiest way for me to obtain a multiple entry type O non imm visa in Australia? Has anyone got the latest hints? The other question is can I get a new one of these visas before the last one expires? EG: If I have 3 weeks before the current one expires and I fly next week can I get new one now to replace it or do I have to wait for the current one to run out? The reason I ask is because if I am starting my 6 to 9 Month trip now I really need a new fresh visa. Any advice would be appreciated.

Send your application and your passport to The Royal Thai Consulate-General

87 Annerley Road South Brisbane

Q'land 4102 Tel ( 07 3846 7771 )

They do a same day turn around. You need to supply a return express envelope. The unused portion of the old visa is of no consequence. The fee is now $AUD225