Hot On The Heels Of My Pharmacy Post......

Lannatyne

Oh dear, must have squashed a black cat somewhere recently. Just feel that I've been screwed yet again this morning - read on.

I won't give the name of the place (not allowed), but since there's only one place where you can go to ride a horse in Chalong, then I'm sure you can all work out where it is.

Our child's membership of the place where you can ride horses is renewable on 7th October each year. So, I was fully prepared and happy to renew the membership in a couple of weeks. After membership, each "pack of 10 horse rides" costs 2500 baht.

Two weeks ago, we bought a 'pack' for 2500 baht, and we've had a ride each week from this. Therefore, 8 rides left.

Today, we're glibly informed that the 8 rides must all be used up in the next 11 days, and can't be carried forward to the next 'membership year'. That's 2500 baht of child's weekly fun that was expected to last until middle of November, but now disappears by 7th October.

In all honesty, I can see the case for saying that any rides purchased must be used within a certain time period. The issue is that you're simply never told of this expiry / deadline, until they've got your money. And after that, they suddenly throw this condition at you!

Well, it's yet another situation that will lose them custom, and they don't care. Along with renewal and riding in the year, they get 10500 per year from me. Despite trying to offer some business logic to them, they're happy to accept the 2500 they already have, and wave goodbye to 10500 over the next 12 months. No business flexibility and acumen whatsoever. No wonder so many businesses here go tits-up after a short while.

The learning point here for all parents is that, whenever you buy a 'pack of rides' DO ENSURE that you've enough time to properly use them before your membership is up for renewal. Alternatively, wait a little, let that membership fully expire, and join again from scratch.

well, They are listed on tripadvisor so you could put your story/review there as lots of people use that site.

Many thanks. Very interested to hear that, and I've just read their Tripadvisor details.

I'm not a bitter and twisted person - I complain when required, and also praise when required. Even if it is the same business / company, I've often had <deleted> service, then complained, and later they've given good service. Presumably, they've learnt from my feedback (because that's all a complaint is) and so get praise from me.

In this instance, the 'product' is different. They're offering a one-off "holidaymaker experience", so I've nothing to grumble about here. My posting and warning to others is for their Membership Product aimed at people who live here. Therefore, I'll not post anything bad at Tripadvisor.

Patong bowling.. few years back wanted to sell 'lifetime membership' cards.. for 50% off for only 100 baht or so.. Made no sense financially but of course fully promised 'lifetime membership'.

I am still alive.. Give you two guesses if the cards are still accepted !!

Its like there was zero thought for the long term, just sell the cards now, honoring the promise later ?? That doesnt matter.

Thats a terrible shame Lannatype. Read your other thread too.

It reminds me of the garden centers. Their prices rise and fall (except they don't fall) more then stocks!

Only yesterday I went to my 'usual' (prob been a dozen times and spent a fair amount) center, about 1.5 k's up from HomePro Chalong, left side heading north. Was looking for a hedge type plant which my mother (foreign) bought for 10 Baht each. A lady I had seen but never dealt with comes up, talking in a rude and unresponsive way and spouts out 20 Baht, naturally I said I know they are 10 Baht each politely, but I couldn't get past her disgusting tone.

Now I know many people may think its only 10 Baht so why don't I just pay, but of course its the PRINCIPLE of the matter not to mention 10 Baht times a very long hedge will add up and the times I been there b4. Its a terrible shame as it was a nice center with good condition plants, a fair price and I do need reliable garden centers because of what I do. Of the course the lovely lady got a quick "thank you" in the end before seeing me drive off empty handed into the sunset! ... well not a a sunset but heavy traffic, not quite a Hollywood ending but close!

Can anybody recommend me a new place. Location doesn't matter. Cheers!

Thats a terrible shame Lannatype. Read your other thread too.

It reminds me of the garden centers. Their prices rise and fall (except they don't fall) more then stocks!

Only yesterday I went to my 'usual' (prob been a dozen times and spent a fair amount) center, about 1.5 k's up from HomePro Chalong, left side heading north. Was looking for a hedge type plant which my mother (foreign) bought for 10 Baht each. A lady I had seen but never dealt with comes up, talking in a rude and unresponsive way and spouts out 20 Baht, naturally I said I know they are 10 Baht each politely, but I couldn't get past her disgusting tone.

Now I know many people may think its only 10 Baht so why don't I just pay, but of course its the PRINCIPLE of the matter not to mention 10 Baht times a very long hedge will add up and the times I been there b4. Its a terrible shame as it was a nice center with good condition plants, a fair price and I do need reliable garden centers because of what I do. Of the course the lovely lady got a quick "thank you" in the end before seeing me drive off empty handed into the sunset! ... well not a a sunset but heavy traffic, not quite a Hollywood ending but close!

Can anybody recommend me a new place. Location doesn't matter. Cheers!

Was there recently myself. Same lady I suppose quoting high prices & did not seem to care if she sold anything or not. Customer service was pitiful. I too walked out wondering what had happened to this place which I have happily used before. The husband is a really good guy, shame he allows his wife to hang around & be their front person.

reminds me of that nice gym in phuket town where one day some racist worker told me i couldnt swim in the empty pool..

1600 a month for the next 10years at least

+ my friends that i refer

All lost this because their boss don't wanna lose face in front of an employe

Good job club asia

sounds like they got the market cornered unless somewhere else offers horseback riding in the south?

There's a company I order things from in bangkok, only place in Thailand I can get these items. I will call to confirm they have stock before sending money and several times they'll tell me yes we have in-stock. Ill send the money, call back to check on my order only to be told out of stock, have to wait. Drives me nuts but I don't have a choice right now.

The day I can find a new supplier is the day they will lose my business.

reminds me of that nice gym in phuket town where one day some racist worker told me i couldnt swim in the empty pool..

1600 a month for the next 10years at least

+ my friends that i refer

All lost this because their boss don't wanna lose face in front of an employe

Good job club asia

Similar thing happened to me at club asia. Six years a member and due to an admin cock-up my membership lapsed. Instead of just apologising to me and moving on, the big boss and his wife insisted I take responsibility for their mistake and pay a rejoining fee. All this whilst my mate sat with 18,000 baht in his hand wanting to join for a year. They lost me, him, and the many referrals we would have made plus all the negative talk it has generated. Silly people.

Similar thing happened to me at club asia. Six years a member and due to an admin cock-up my membership lapsed. Instead of just apologising to me and moving on, the big boss and his wife insisted I take responsibility for their mistake and pay a rejoining fee. All this whilst my mate sat with 18,000 baht in his hand wanting to join for a year. They lost me, him, and the many referrals we would have made plus all the negative talk it has generated. Silly people.

They gave me a 1month paper card.

Next day i went to royal phuket marina. joined (expensive fee) and flushed the card in the toilet there. Felt great.

club asia is full of fat thai men standing naked for 2hours in the lockers after having done 5mins of 5kg machines.. rest of the clientel is farangs with their working girls.. Glad im out.

There's a company I order things from in bangkok, only place in Thailand I can get these items. I will call to confirm they have stock before sending money and several times they'll tell me yes we have in-stock. Ill send the money, call back to check on my order only to be told out of stock, have to wait. Drives me nuts but I don't have a choice right now.

Your not alone.. I have this happen to me also..

I buy lots of things mail order and Thai way of doing biz is just awful.. Email comms.. Send money.. silence.. Week later.. 3rd email.. no stock.. OK refund.. chase it for ages.. now in stock.. Then they send the wrong item or size !!

Just have to laugh or you'd cry.