Lawyer Needed

ThaiPauly

My Wife is buying a business in CM and we need a Lawyer who can prepare the relevant Sale Documents.

Does anyone know one. Does not have to speak much (if any English) If so please post their name and tel number and any comments about them you may have

PS and cheap would be helpful :o

Thanks a Million

TP

My suggestions:

1. Don't go with Legal and Business Experts in Hillside 4. They're good but pricey.

2. Khun "Joey" (Thanakorn Viwatronaket) is good adn cheap compared to above. His office is located next to the WETV office on Huey Keuw. He has good English. Tel 053-405134

3. You can also get accountants to do it and they are even cheaper than lawyers. Our accountant is great and has great English. Khun Saranya Chotica at Perfect Accounting (053-854383)

After trying a couple different law firms I have finally found one I am very happy with. The name is Knight Legal Services (053-812093) and the office is on the super highway opposite Chiang Mai Land. The attorney studied in the UK and speaks very good english. His fees are fair. The most important factor for me is he is fast and thorough. He gives results on the date he promises.

If you are opening a business you really don't want a "cheap" lawyer. His prices are very reasonable and he can do everything you need as far as leases, deed searches, taxes, accounting, visas and setting up a corporation.

:o

May I recommend a good friend, Khun Phit, at 06-654-9166. He is a superb lawyer with significant influence among the Thai powers-that-be here in Chaingmai, should you ever need more than simply business advice. Honest, reliable and not too expensive. You will need your spouse to contact him in Phassa Thai. Tell him Thamarat recommended him; K Phit has just set up our new company, Lanna Thai Developments ( LTD Ltd ).

Thanks for the replies Guys, much appreciated.

What do you consider a readonable cost for preparing sale documents and giving advice. I have been quoted 5k so far which I thought was expensive for 2 hours work or so?

Cheers

TP