3Bb, A Scam Internet Provider In Thailand

pgnmf2

I'm in Bangna.

I signed up for 3bb 8MB(for downloading)service last year costing 2500 THB/month.

And I still pay the same price monthly for 8MB service.

Now, I found out that they offer 20MB service with only 2290 THB, and 888THB for 8MB.

Safe to say that they have ripped me off for their downgraded service for months.

That' alright cause it's not a main topic this time. But,

What the most annoying matter over 3BB is that connection drops off/on every 2 minutes

these days. It means that connection is not established, not only censored sites by the gov,

but also here, thaivisa.com.

Even if a connection is established, it takes a couple of minutes even for Google.

I wonder why such scam company is still in operation. If such problem occurs only for a

few mins a day, I would say nothing. But such phenomenon occurs every single minutes.

For those whom sign up for 3bb, your connection is stable?

I had problems with 3BB, frequently dropping off.

I did some investigation and decided it was the router that was at fault (7-8 year old).

I went to 3 BB office and asked to buy a new router.

They rented me a new route at B100 per year.

No problems since.

john

It's not uncommon for a Thai ISP to not change your price on the plan you signed up for even when the plan's price was lowered in a follow-on promotion or another faster plan comes out that is the same price/lower price than your lower speed plan. If you are still under the 12 month contract they are even less likely to lower the price until after the contract period as that was the contract agreement....and don't expect them to automatically lower the price after the contract period unless you request it...and you may even have to sign a new 12 month contract for the lower price. As mentioned, this is not an uncommon practice for Thai ISPs, but some Thai ISP do seem to automatically adjust your price after the contract period and/or upgrade your speed. I'm with TOT (only TOT lines service my moobaan) and TOT don't seem to do anything automatically, especially when it lowers the amount of money they are getting from you monthly.