Pigs 101 (A Start)

IsaanAussie

We sold 20 last week for 80baht a kg, and another 20 ready for sale in a month time, so hopefully the price stays high. Sold 20 at the end of May for 76baht per kg.

We have people wanting to buy our pigs and piglets everyday, and have to turn them away. The demand is strong at the moment.

Edited by Surin13
  • Like 1

We sold 20 last week for 80baht a kg, and another 20 ready for sale in a month time, so hopefully the price stays high. Sold 20 at the end of May for 76baht per kg.

We have people wanting to buy our pigs and piglets everyday, and have to turn them away. The demand is strong at the moment.

Congrats Surin. We are in the same boat. Out next lot of finishers are a month away but we have buyers now at 80+

Let's hope it keeps going.

Peter.

We have been told that price will go down from next week because we enter a period where thai eat little pig meat. We try to sell but all our contact has lower there price already. Guys, what do you think? Will pig price go down? Or will it just be a balance bet-wine buyer and seller?

• Like 1

During the pansa months the price always drops. Often much. This week, the week before, there are many parties so prices are always high. Most of the time prices rise again slowly in November December.

Sent from my i-mobile i-style 7.1 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We have been told that price will go down from next week because we enter a period where thai eat little pig meat. We try to sell but all our contact has lower there price already. Guys, what do you think? Will pig price go down? Or will it just be a balance bet-wine buyer and seller?

hi,i am in Surin .we were getting 80 baht last week,but this week 3 sharks offered 76 baht, the price drops this time every year and will drop more i think

..2 years ago it dropped to 44 baht during khao pan sar :-(

hi,i am in Surin .we were getting 80 baht last week,but this week 3 sharks offered 76 baht, the price drops this time every year and will drop more i think

I am really interested to see what happens over the next couple of months. I have read about this "Lent" in previous posts, I have seen the historical data which does not conclusively support this. Yes in 2012 there was a massive drop and it was quite sustained but the ups and downs in other years over the last 5 years does not truly correlate. This year we have already gone against previous trends and the last Pigg333 pricing for Thailand shows farm gate at 87 baht as of 13 June 2014. At this historical high I would expect a softening in price anyway.

I have spoken to many Thais here about this drop in Pork consumption (some involved in Swine and many who are not). They ALL gave me a confused look and stated that they would not be changing their consumption. The Poo Yai Ban, who is also involved in the Swine industry, also shook his head and said no there will be no big drop in farm gate price. When I told them I had read this on the internet they just laughed.

Will be keeping a close eye on it.

I am really interested to see what happens over the next couple of months. I have read about this "Lent" in previous posts, I have seen the historical data which does not conclusively support this. Yes in 2012 there was a massive drop and it was quite sustained but the ups and downs in other years over the last 5 years does not truly correlate. This year we have already gone against previous trends and the last Pigg333 pricing for Thailand shows farm gate at 87 baht as of 13 June 2014. At this historical high I would expect a softening in price anyway.

I have spoken to many Thais here about this drop in Pork consumption (some involved in Swine and many who are not). They ALL gave me a confused look and stated that they would not be changing their consumption. The Poo Yai Ban, who is also involved in the Swine industry, also shook his head and said no there will be no big drop in farm gate price. When I told them I had read this on the internet they just laughed.

I would not ask the villagers for a start as some are dealing in small quantity. I was one of the people back then to write about the effects it has with accord to the buddhists calendar. There will be impact during Khao Pansar (Lent) but mostly more on tradition rather than economical effect... also an excuse for buyer to drop prices according to CP price announcement and for CP and other conglomerate to gauge the present national live stock quantity, quota, forecast and adjustment on price movement for future planning.

Edited by RedBullHorn
  • Like 1

pigs 333 are always way over the mark 87 baht .i used to look at swine Thailand site,which was very slow to update..now i use CPF feed marketing (cp) they have not been over 82 baht/ kilo this year.piglets 2600 baht,this is updated every Monday...this dos not mean you get there price, but a rough guide,,,while they were 82 baht last week i could get 80 from the sharks,they are still at 82 this week but can now get 76,prices change from province to province.with the supply,,our farm is in Surin,but we have 1 shark that travels from Si-Saket and will pay a couple of baht more when they are short.back to my beer

cheers all Ian

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sold 6 yesterday

highest price i could get was 70bht

was told by another buyer if i wait for another 8 - 10 days he will pay 72 bht

but the first one also told me if i wait until next week it could be 68,,

yasothorn lady called me last week to say she had 60 for sale in about two week ,, ok thats what i wanted to hear, we now have 4 pens empty,,

60 is a bit too many at one go for me but i would have taken 30,,

called her after the sold six went,,

she doesnt want to sell now !!

so now im searching again,

this area is looking greener now, rained most of the night last night and more just around the corner,,

• 2 weeks later...

hi every body. i am new at this forum. i want to know where can i buy some piglets. i stay at a. thungfun udorn thani. anybody of you can help me.

tnx alot

cheers

Hi Olioli and welcome to the forum. I live in the Udon province near Phen. Unfortunately we have not been able to find piglets either. You really need to find a few growers that sell and put your name down. Most are sold in advance. i.e. before they are even born.

I am currently looking for a sow or two. Pure large white or LW/Landrace cross to add to our breeding herd. Want either a Gilt or Parity 1 or 2 proven sow. If anyone knows of any please PM me.

Peter

• Like 1

hi every body. i am new at this forum. i want to know where can i buy some piglets. i stay at a. thungfun udorn thani. anybody of you can help me.

tnx alot

cheers

Hi Olioli and welcome to the forum. I live in the Udon province near Phen. Unfortunately we have not been able to find piglets either. You really need to find a few growers that sell and put your name down. Most are sold in advance. i.e. before they are even born.

I am currently looking for a sow or two. Pure large white or LW/Landrace cross to add to our breeding herd. Want either a Gilt or Parity 1 or 2 proven sow. If anyone knows of any please PM me.

Peter

Tnx Peter

Spend the whole week looking for piglet luckily got a local growers give 4 piglet. anyway 4 is better than nothing. still looking for more.

Another litter of 11 piglets today.

Selling them at 15 kg fir 2500thb

Got 4 left for sale at15kg+.

In two weeks another 24 at this weight.

We are in khorat procince near dan khun tod between si kiew and khorat.

Sent from my i-mobile i-style 7.1 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Can anyone tell me what breed this pig might be??? The grower tells me it is a pure bred ...........(thai word I cannot remember) but to me looks like a Pietrain. Wants 4000 baht for a 30kg Gilt. I kept asking if it was Pietrain but he kept answering with a thai word. sounded like Bad dtang. The sows and piglets all look good as did the Boar on site. They recommend crossing with Landrace Boar to produce growers and grower sows.

post-190716-0-03979800-1408506902_thumb.

• Like 2

I've posted some new pictures of our farm on Facebook, for those of you who are interested in how it looks at our farm.

hi jompa i have tried to download youre autofarm but nothing happens is there another way i can get it

allso what is the cost of mixing 18% and 16% protien per 30k bag these days

thanks