Thai Visa For Husband Of Thai Wife

:jap: Hi all ,

i have been reading up, about me getting visa to stay in thailand some places say we must earn 40,000 bht per month some say you can do with 400,000 bht in bank account.

i would like to work aswell (not sure what i will do) father in law has 50 rai of land have planted 5,400 eucalyptus on 20 rai and plan to grow 2,700 on 10 rai but these will take a few years we plan to cut when between 5 and 7 years time (but thats another topic)

back to visa's

which is best ie; Marriage visa and can it be done with 400,000 in thai bank account and what is the process ie; apply for 30 day then extend to 90 day then extend to 12 month etc,

wife can work as she is educated and likes to work

we both in england now but she not like the cold

she here on visitor visa as we wanted to trial her here see if she like

but want to keep my options open for when she complains in december when it is cold

i would be happy to here from anyones views:D

i originally thought you had to earn as a couple 40,000 bht per month so had not given much thought and was going to wait until im 50 (43 now) but 7 years of im cold when im hot well thats a lot of whinning

To extend on a yearly basis you (not wife) must have 400k in a bank account in Thailand for 2 or 3 months each year or proof of 40k per month income. Failing that the best option would be a multi entry non immigrant O visa valid for one year of up to 90 day stays (you would have to leave the country to get another).

Just before coming to Thailand get a one year multi entry non immigrant 'o' visa from Hull, that will give you 90 days on each entry, and if you re-enter just before the visa expires, will last for about 15 months, that will give you time, to sort out how to remain here in the future.