Flying Visa

Hi Gang, I have been a reader of this forum for some time. I need some input from you people. I have be reading many post about the 14 day border/land visa. Why has know one taken a plain to and from Loas, Veit, Cambo, to get a 60 day visa. It seems to me the cost of going to some boarder town twice each month would off set any air fair. Can this be done or am I dreaming. Is there some rule against it?

Land visa exempt entry has changed to 15 days but remains at 30 for air entry. People use both but the majority obtain a visa to stay 60+30 days and with an overnight in Vientiane can do it without flights and obtain a two entry tourist visa.

Land visa exempt entry has changed to 15 days but remains at 30 for air entry. People use both but the majority obtain a visa to stay 60+30 days and with an overnight in Vientiane can do it without flights and obtain a two entry tourist visa.

So if I understand what you said. A person can go by land, to Vientiane and get a 60 day visa if you stay over night. I have never heard this before. After reading many, many post. I was left with the impression, that if you crossed the border on the ground you could only get 15 day visa. Hence, my question about flying. Which should get 30 day visa.

You only obtain a visa if you apply at a Royal Thai Consulate. That can be done in morning of one day and picked up the next afternoon in most places.

Travel into another country and return does not provide a visa. But for many people can be used for visa exempt entry of 15 days by land or 30 days by air.