Tourist Visa 60 Days

Hi just a real quick question which I think I know the answer already , but its a semi urgent plea for info

My polish friend has ben here on a tourist visa 60 days , he then extended it by 30 days , ok so far

He belives he can extend it again by 14 days for 1,900 baht , but I think I read somewhere he can not do it , and has to leave the country and get a new visa

thanks in advance for the help

colino

He can only exted it by 7 days, if he can show a ticket out of the country within those 7 days, for 1,900 baht.

If he leaves and returns at a land border, he will get 15 days. If he returns by air, he will get 30 days.

He can go to Vientianne and apply for a free double entry tourist visa.

He can only exted it by 7 days, if he can show a ticket out of the country within those 7 days, for 1,900 baht.

If he leaves and returns at a land border, he will get 15 days. If he returns by air, he will get 30 days.

He can go to Vientianne and apply for a free double entry tourist visa.

Thanks well the update from him is

He phoned the Rayong Immirgration Office today ,and was told that as he is from Poland he can not even get an extra 7 day's

And also he can not do a boarder run for the 15 day free visa on arrival , he has to apply on arrival and pay 1,900 ,at a land boarder,

or fly in and pay 1,900 for 30 days,

So he 's of to Vientianne.

thanks again for your help ,col

Thanks well the update from him is

He phoned the Rayong Immirgration Office today ,and was told that as he is from Poland he can not even get an extra 7 day's

And also he can not do a boarder run for the 15 day free visa on arrival , he has to apply on arrival and pay 1,900 ,at a land boarder,

or fly in and pay 1,900 for 30 days,

So he 's of to Vientianne.

thanks again for your help ,col

That is wrong.

He can apply for a VOA at the border. This will give 15 days. Usually the fee is 1,000 Baht but is free of charge at the moment.

If he flies in he could still only get a 15 day VOA. 1,000 Baht but free at the moment.

He may be able to apply for a Tourist Visa at the Thai Consulate in Vientienne.