Bar Girl Stabs Frenchman For Throwing Beer Bottle

george

Bar girl stabs Frenchman for throwing a beer bottle at her

PATTAYA: -- A French tourist who threw a beer bottle at a bargirl was left in a critical condition when she stabbed him in retaliation.

Police received notification from Pattaya Memorial Hospital at 1 a.m. on July 4 that a tourist had been admitted with a stab wound to his stomach. He had been rushed to the hospital by Miss Chaipim Duangchan, 35, owner of the Ding Dong beer bar on Soi Buakao.

Officers at the hospital found Jean Francois, a 42-year-old French national, with a knife puncture wound to the left region of the abdomen, below the navel. His intestine was protruding from his belly. A fellow Frenchman, 42-year-old Dominic-Marie Philip, had accompanied him to the hospital.

Chaipim told the officers that she had been holding her birthday party at the bar. The two Frenchmen had joined in the fun. As Chaipim blew out the candles on her birthday cake and the guests at the party started to sing “Happy Birthday”, Francois threw a beer bottle at the face of Miss Oh, one of the bar workers.

Oh told Francois that Thai people dislike that kind of behaviour. It was very demeaning. Francois became angry and slapped Oh’s face twice. Oh then took a knife from her pants and stabbed him in the stomach.

Police are currently seeking the feisty Miss Oh.

--Pattaya Mail 2005-07-23

PATTAYA: -- A French tourist who threw a beer bottle at a bargirl was left in a critical condition when she stabbed him in retaliation.

Police received notification from Pattaya Memorial Hospital at 1 a.m. on July 4 that a tourist had been admitted with a stab wound to his stomach. He had been rushed to the hospital by Miss Chaipim Duangchan, 35, owner of the Ding Dong beer bar on Soi Buakao.

Officers at the hospital found Jean Francois, a 42-year-old French national, with a knife puncture wound to the left region of the abdomen, below the navel. His intestine was protruding from his belly. A fellow Frenchman, 42-year-old Dominic-Marie Philip, had accompanied him to the hospital.

Chaipim told the officers that she had been holding her birthday party at the bar. The two Frenchmen had joined in the fun. As Chaipim blew out the candles on her birthday cake and the guests at the party started to sing “Happy Birthday”, Francois threw a beer bottle at the face of Miss Oh, one of the bar workers.

Oh told Francois that Thai people dislike that kind of behaviour. It was very demeaning. Francois became angry and slapped Oh’s face twice. Oh then took a knife from her pants and stabbed him in the stomach.

He threw a beer bottle in her face and then slapped her twice. What was this drunken idiot going to do to her next? If the above is true then it seems like a case of self defence.

There seems to be a lot of French drunks making the headlines one way or another lately....C`est tres terrible :o

If the story is true the frog got what he had coming to him.

He threw a beer bottle in her face and then slapped her twice. What was this drunken idiot going to do to her next? If the above is true then it seems like a case of self defence.

There seems to be a lot of French drunks making the headlines one way or another lately....C`est tres terrible :o

If the story is true the frog got what he had coming to him.

There seems to be a lot of French drunks making the headlines one way or another lately....C`est tres terrible :D

TSK! TSK! , Snoophound. "Frog"? Remember your sensitivity training. The "gentleman" is a "Frenchman ". Now, try it again, with me. The Frenchman got what he had coming to him!

There. I feel better now! :o

GR

Jeez give the poor guy a break, the only report of him throwing the bottle and slapping are from the bar owner, maybe a very reliable source as all bar girls and bar girl owners are well known for being truthful and honest at all times. Now because he is French it's ok?! (thats a question not a statement i think.) If he had been a Mcfatty yank half of you would have been raising doubts by now. The other half of course would have been poping round the bar to offer congrats. Why does everyone have it in for the French anyway? Some great food, wonderful wines, their women talk in that sexy ooh la la way and they won the American war of independance for them.. Ahhh thats why. Bloody frog got what he deserved! :o

... If he had been a Mcfatty yank half of you would have been raising doubts by now. The other half of course would have been poping round the bar to offer congrats ...

... Why does everyone have it in for the French anyway? Some great food, wonderful wines, their women talk in that sexy ooh la la way and they won the American war of independance for them..

Well B you have a few good points there,

Yes, a French accent on a woman is sexy, :D

Yes, they did help us during the war of independence and we've repaid them several wars since, (also it was another chance for them to irritate the English :o )

Yes, there are two sides to every story and I'm sure we'll hear more but you don't get stabbed in the stomach out of the blue.

(I know McFatty Yank, believe me, no one would rally to our defense, : :D)

Edited by cobra

Hey this is the same story as as in PCN two weeks ago, but Pattaya Mail probably got name right, Ding Dong not King Kong. Took two weeks though :o

Other than that this guy was unlucky to be stabbed in two bars. :D

"That is very unkind, Steve. True. But unkind!"

Good thing you spotted it when you did, PatsFan.

Seems those PC mods chopped it pretty quick. :D

Guess I should be more "sensitive" to those fine folks of french heritage...? :o:D

Okay. Sure! :D:D

~WISteve

Well my money is on the fact that the perp was not a real frenchie.

Prob one of those chaps that ride oversized motorbikes with their shirts off,smell and are quite swarthy looking.

“Francois threw a beer bottle at the face of Miss Oh, one of the bar workers.

Oh told Francois that Thai people dislike that kind of behavior. It was very demeaning”.

Yeh, I can just imagine Oh saying that.

:o

Having read the post which was written by media, who were told by bar workers, it is possible the story may not be in exacting detail...... still no one deserves to be stabbed..... a touch up? maybe..... but not stabbed, no matter what your opinion of how it started,who thinks he deserved a stabbing? not me.....

Edited by soi lurker

Every farang who insults, threatens, abuses or maybe even assaults those hiso Thais who hang out in bars in Pattaya deserve to be either:

a. hanged, drawn and quartered

b. crucified

c.burnt at the stake

d.all of the above at the same time

Every farang who insults, threatens, abuses or maybe even assaults those hiso Thais who hang out in bars in Pattaya deserve to be either:

b. crucified

c.burnt at the stake

I disagree - Thai "hiso's" (Oh, how I hate that term) are the scum of the earth, in my humble opinion. A bunch of useless tw@ts living of daddy's (real or sugar) money, never having done a days work in their pointless lives. I have far greater respect for bar girls, motorcycle taxi drivers, garbage collectors and others at the "bottom" of society, who actually has to work to make a living.

Although I personally wouldn't "insult, threaten, abuse or assault" a Thai Hiso, I would not lift a finger to prevent someone else from doing it either.

BTW - which bars in Pattaya do these "Hiso" people hang out in? - can't say I have ever encountered these people in Pattaya.......

Edited by WhiteShiva

Aren't there any Frenchies on this forum willing to defend themselves?

Good grief!, Man. Did you just use the words "Frenchies" and "defend" in the same sentence? :o

GR

Check this, go to google , type in 'french military victories' and hit 'I'm feeling lucky'.

:D apoligizes to any french person out there. It must be hard for you.. just being french .. :D

b. crucified

c.burnt at the stake

I disagree - Thai "hiso's" (Oh, how I hate that term) are the scum of the earth, in my humble opinion. A bunch of useless tw@ts living of daddy's (real or sugar) money, never having done a days work in their pointless lives. I have far greater respect for bar girls, motorcycle taxi drivers, garbage collectors and others at the "bottom" of society, who actually has to work to make a living.

Although I personally wouldn't "insult, threaten, abuse or assault" a Thai Hiso, I would not lift a finger to prevent someone else from doing it either.

BTW - which bars in Pattaya do these "Hiso" people hang out in? - can't say I have ever encountered these people in Pattaya.......

Agreed :o

Maybe the story is a 1 side story and indeed no one deserves really to be stabbed ( French or whatever country you are from ) . You don't really piss off a bargirl of very easily unless you really are insulting her bigtime . The things which are stated in the paper can be very true , imo , to get somebody so mad to stab you . In that case , allthough no one deserves to be stabbed , he had it coming . Even if you are new to Thailand and get very very very drunk , there are some rules you try to hold . One of the rules is : stay out of trouble . If you start throwing bottles at somebody ... you don't stay out of trouble . Not in France , not in Europe , nor US and also not in Thailand . As far as i see it , clearly a case of : you have what you been searching for and now you can be lucky that you aren't shot to death and you are able to tell it to somebody else . Maybe he'll learn ... otherwise .... have a very good funeral ...( allthough i not wish this to happen to someone ) .

b. crucified

c.burnt at the stake

disagree - Thai "hiso's" (Oh, how I hate that term) are the scum of the earth, in my humble opinion. A bunch of useless tw@ts living of daddy's (real or sugar) money, never having done a days work in their pointless lives. I have far greater respect for bar girls, motorcycle taxi drivers, garbage collectors and others at the "bottom" of society, who actually has to work to make a living.

I think the irony was lost on you.