Tiger Airways On The Rocks?

Xircal

They will have to pay their A320 Captains more money.

They pay them crap and A320 captains are in short supply worldwide so Tigers' are resigning in droves and going to other airlines.

That the reason for all the cancellations.

They will have to pay their A320 Captains more money.

They pay them crap and A320 captains are in short supply worldwide so Tigers' are resigning in droves and going to other airlines.

That the reason for all the cancellations.

Anyone know where I can buy "A320 flying for Dummies" book?

(Off topic almost I know - but I could not resist it. Just trying to help Tiger Airlines. "I'll fly you for less" could be my signature then.)

Not only Tiger Airways...JetStar is also having problems but though not as severe as tiger...

Are you sure about that? Jetstar is a Quantas subsidiary whereas Tiger is an independent low cost airline.

Tiger Airways is part owned by Singapore Airlines. Both Tiger and Jetstar are shitty - cancellations without notice, infamous for delays. Air Asia and Nok is still my top choice for budget

Tiger Airways is part owned by Singapore Airlines. Both Tiger and Jetstar are shitty - cancellations without notice, infamous for delays. Air Asia and Nok is still my top choice for budget

Ah, didn't know that. But Tiger models its business on Ryanair it seems. The latter company has been in the news just recently by controversially suggesting that cabin crew could be trained to land the plane in an emergency. That would cut the wage bill by ditching the co-pilot. I wonder if Tiger is thinking about adopting that strategy.

Not only Tiger Airways...JetStar is also having problems but though not as severe as tiger...

Are you sure about that? Jetstar is a Quantas subsidiary whereas Tiger is an independent low cost airline.

Oh yes there were some cancellations lately, and many flights were delayed/retimed...just about ten days ago my SIN/BKI/SIN flight were so called retimed...my SIN/BKI was retimed 9 hours later, received SMS 8 hours in advance....return flight BKI/SIN a morning flight was delayed another 9 hours, SMS received just 2 hours before departure, already at the airport..

Ah, didn't know that. But Tiger models its business on Ryanair it seems. The latter company has been in the news just recently by controversially suggesting that cabin crew could be trained to land the plane in an emergency. That would cut the wage bill by ditching the co-pilot. I wonder if Tiger is thinking about adopting that strategy.

Read that about Ryanair too. If i remember correctly, the pilots responded by saying the MD could take over cabin crew's job

Oh yes there were some cancellations lately, and many flights were delayed/retimed...just about ten days ago my SIN/BKI/SIN flight were so called retimed...my SIN/BKI was retimed 9 hours later, received SMS 8 hours in advance....return flight BKI/SIN a morning flight was delayed another 9 hours, SMS received just 2 hours before departure, already at the airport..

Oh BTW my friend's flight to HCM was cancelled few days ago..also JetStar..i be flying to China next week, just keeping my fingers crossed.... :jap:

you must be refering to Jetstar. You are lucky they informed you. once i arrived at the airport for a flight and they told me it was cancelled. NO sms, no notification - no claims of any kind except the price you paid for the ticket. i'd never fly them if i can avoid

you must be refering to Jetstar. You are lucky they informed you. once i arrived at the airport for a flight and they told me it was cancelled. NO sms, no notification - no claims of any kind (hotel cancellations, taxi fares, etc) except the price you paid for the ticket. i'd never fly them if i can avoid

Avoid Tigerairways at all cost. It will ruin your journey. They will not inform you in advance when it comes to a delay, they will just simply give you a few dollars of meal voucher. No explanation, no apologies, no compensate.

The ground staff are rude, very very rude!!!! So if you will want to have a happy journey , pay a few more bucks for other Airline. Why there are so many complaints of Tigerairways and they are still going strong, it's because they are the sister of SQ. If not the case, they had already CLOSED down. Had been traveling Tiger twice, both times bad experiences occurred.

The first time is the 5 hours delayed without any notice. Second time is the ground staff yelling at me. Need not to emphasize much, those who traveled with Tiger before, they will know what am I talking about. Conclusion, AVOID Tigerairways if you want your trip to be a merry one!!!

you must be refering to Jetstar. You are lucky they informed you. once i arrived at the airport for a flight and they told me it was cancelled. NO sms, no notification - no claims of any kind (hotel cancellations, taxi fares, etc) except the price you paid for the ticket. i'd never fly them if i can avoid

Generally, you get what you pay for. It seems to apply to most things in life.

Really? Does that include having your flight cancelled and leaving you stranded at the airport?

Yes obviously when you use those pissepoor elcheapo discount airlines then the levels of customer service arnt so high.

sometimes, stupidly enough, we pay more for "budget" airline flights than some promotions offered on regular airlines. Still, lame and blanket excuse that budget airlines use when they just dump you. they should be called "mafia" airlines or "mafia" flights - fly at your risk....heads they win, tails you lose

Michael O'Leary certainly knows how to drum up free publicity ! Remember the paying for toilets / Passengers standing up etc.

I agree with that. Its like paying for cheap shoes you will end up suffering.

I always pay a bit more for my airlines both internal and long haul. Then I know what Im getting in general, as opposed to amateur hour.

I always pay a bit more for my airlines both internal and long haul. Then I know what Im getting in general, as opposed to amateur hour.

Well, some of us are on a tight budget unfortunately. I wouldn't skimp on long haul though, but there aren't budget carriers flying long haul from Schiphol anyway.

Hummmmmm I do remember warning people of Tiger Airways on a number of occasions

and some TV members said that they had flown with them without any problems and would continue to.

I also said that Thai Airways should have nothing to do with Tiger. Well let me just say "I told you so".

Well, some of us are on a tight budget unfortunately. I wouldn't skimp on long haul though, but there aren't budget carriers flying long haul from Schiphol anyway.

Try China Airlines from Amsterdam. Not too expensive, food is good and service ok as well.

Tigerair was one of my favourite airlines when they started for business, now not anymore. Before they shift to the "Budget Terminal" they said that it will pass the saving on airport tax to the passengers. However, this was not so, its tax & surcharges are higher than other LCCs. During the airport crisis in Bangkok in 2008 when the airport was closed, I did not received SMS from them. I was connecting Thai AirAsia(TAA) from BKK to Chiangmai, TAA send me a SMS to informed me that the airport was closed. Tiger don't put any of their own staff at the airport counter they used contractor to mend their counters, therefore, when matters arise like flight cancellation or delay, passenger can't speak to Tiger's staff. Tigerair is really sucks :realangry: