Going To Bali

regal

My husband and I just returned from Bali. We found a great little house to rent near Ubud.

It was call Green T house and this real cool guy named Tony designed this fantastic mini- eco resort. Everything was low impact on the environment etc.

Anyway, Our house was only 1400 baht a night and included a small but complete kitchen (My husband is a chef). There was even lemon grass growing in the garden!

Every morning some delightful Balinese girls would come cook us anything we wanted for breakfast. It had a pool and fantastic views of the rice fields.

I can't wait to go back! :o

PM if you want to know anything else. HH

here

I've been to Bali a fair bit and the first thing i do is try to get a hold of a copy of the Bali Advertiser -great publication and it covers alot of ground.

Personally, I wouldn't pre-book if it's off season, there's alot of choice of vacation housing rentals and you might want to check em out first.

Edited by baht&sold

the prob in bali is not so much the cooking done (BTW, there are quite a few excellent Thai-style rest.s too in all major tourist places) but the SHOPPING: except even more rudimentary markets as in the furthest away of Isan, and the supermakrets , well, they stock less as 7-11. and are only in Kuta/Denpasar.also getting around is VERY timeconsuming, even compared to BKK, so decide first if its beach or hilside/ricemountains you want to see. prices are maybe half of thaild, for accomm that is, so 1400 bt is not a bargain at all.

Thanks Hello Hello- That house looks beautiful and it is up near the montains right? Away from the crowds. 5 years ago when I was in Bali- I couldn't find any decent Thai resteraunts. Thai -style wont do with the misses. :o We have to cook our own.

5 mins from the house was a Delta Mart and 10 mins was a BINTANG both in Ubud. Two very well stocked markets. You could get everything; western and even Thai curries.

Surrounding the complex were some amazing villas, running from $150 - $2000 USD a night!

I spent hours on-line looking for a smallish (villa) house with all the amenities like this one. I couldn’t find anything comparable for under $50 USD a night. There was also a good selection of houses at the T-house complex- from 1-bedroom to the bigger 3-4 bedrooms.