Tourist Visa And Stay Permanent In Thailand Over N

Hello together,

I am new to this forum and could not find any information to this:

At 25.11.2003 the Nation had a small E-Mail printed that at the Phnom Phen embassy a few tourist where refused a new tourist visa because of too many beeing issued to them already. Last week a friend of mine went to Vientiane, Laos ant the same there, many refused. I went 30 days ago to Mae Sot and where told to leave the country either to the north or to the south to make a new tourist visa, They told me they will not issue any 30 days stamps to me anymore. I told this to a friend who lives here in CM province for about 10 years and most of them with 30 days stamps, and he asked at the last visit in Mae Sai about this and he was told that he can only get up to 6 stamps im Mae Sai.

I am very concerned, because my visa (30 days stump is finished) and I went out of the country to make a proper Tourist visa in Penang, Malaysia. Here everybody is very calm, I heared only of one farang beeing refused but I was told this farang was behaving to the clerk at the consulate very badly and was throwed out when he started screaming at the clerk.

What made me confused even more was that the Thaivisa.com was not to eccess from Thailand last week, it apeared a screen with the remark "under construction"

Here in Malaysia no problem at all.

Thanks for any help

Wolfgang

Guest IT Manager

Wolfgang on behalf of the admins, sorry about the time the site was off-line. There was a problem with the NIC registry, which took quite some time to resolve.

The issue with multiple crossing has been aired ad-infinitum here, and there is little to add. If you are a 10 year resident on a tourist visa, it's time to stop it and get into the swing of Immigration, which is "not illegal, but no longer acceptable".

Hope this helps and look forward to regular contact from you in Thaivisa.com

• 3 weeks later...

I am planning to go to Penang next moth to get a Non Imm 'O' visa as my first step to getting a retirement visa. Before this I need one last 30 day Tourist Visa which I was planning to get at Mae Sot. I normally 'walk' up to Mae Sai but this time decided to give Mae Sot a try as an alternative and a change. In a previous post by Doitao he states that he was refused a visa at Mae Sot and told to go north or south. Before I make the trip to Mae Sot can anyone confirm that this is still the case or was he a little unlucky i.e being in the wrong place at the wrong time. If there are any doubt then it will be Mae Sai (again) or Chiang Kong where I found the Imm. Officers very helpfull and friendly.

Many thanks

CM Boy