Western Doctors In Phuket? Or Recommend A Good One?

fallingoffthemap

Been struggling with a few chronic symptoms which really should be curable. Seen three different doctors, but to no avail, and getting fed-up wasting my time and money and still being sick.

Are there any western doctors practicing in Phuket anywhere? I know it may seem like a stupid question, but thought I'd ask anyways. Maybe even worth a trip to Bangkok, if anyone knows of international doctors available there?.

Barring that, can anyone recommend a GOOD doctor in Phuket? Have given up on Phuket Int'l Hospital.

New doctor near rawai muaythai went to med school ucla and I think practiced in the states for many years. Theres a new sign that says spa/fitness/clinic or similar. He also has a practice in Patong, but i'm unsure where. Never tried myself but have heard good things.

Most of the doctors in Bangkok International Hospital Phuket have studies or worked in the west

as goes for Bumrungrad in BKK

I seriously doubt that. Even in Bangkok only some of the doctors have western experience. A quick check of Internal Medicine Doctors at the Phuket hospital lists only two of 19 having western experience in my reading.

Dr. Chusak has a small clinic in Kata, he is decent, very cheap, hardly ever charges, though depending on your issues testing at a hospital is quite likely where you will end up. Educated at UBC in Canada.

Have you posted your question symptoms on the medical forum, there are some doctors there that offer good advice.

Good luck and good health :)

Dr. Chusak has a small clinic in Kata, he is decent, very cheap, hardly ever charges, though depending on your issues testing at a hospital is quite likely where you will end up. Educated at UBC in Canada.

Have you posted your question symptoms on the medical forum, there are some doctors there that offer good advice.

We will second that; been going to Dear Dr Chusak since 1994

Always seek his advice and then go to a hospital if he hasn't the equipment needed (xray etc) or can't deal with our problem

and that is rare.

He is the nicest Doctor we have met in Thailand, and beats a lot from GB with his caring and very human approach.

I hope one day he will get the medal he deserves.

We will second that; been going to Dear Dr Chusak since 1994

Always seek his advice and then go to a hospital if he hasn't the equipment needed (xray etc) or can't deal with our problem

and that is rare.

He is the nicest Doctor we have met in Thailand, and beats a lot from GB with his caring and very human approach.

I hope one day he will get the medal he deserves.

Thanks for that. Can you let me know where in Kata?

Taina road

going from the yellow bank to the Ptt pump, left side half way

Just for clarification that's the exchange booth on the corner at Kata Centre, and the PTT petrol station at the traffic lights on the main Patak road. For me, I call it Kata Village main street.

And I also recommend Dr Chusak.

Taina road

going from the yellow bank to the Ptt pump, left side half way

Just for clarification that's the exchange booth on the corner at Kata Centre, and the PTT petrol station at the traffic lights on the main Patak road. For me, I call it Kata Village main street.

Glad we agree on that!

Thanks so much for the replies, much appreciated. Will try him out first thing Monday morning. Sounds like the same guy an acquaintance recommended to me several months ago. Should have listened to him then, sounds like!

Thanks so much for the replies, much appreciated. Will try him out first thing Monday morning. Sounds like the same guy an acquaintance recommended to me several months ago. Should have listened to him then, sounds like!

Dr Chusak isnt in his clinic every day all day, and especially not in low season when no charter tourists are crowding Kata/Karon, cause his other job is at the public Vachira Hospital in town. Your best shots could actually be Sat and Sunday:)

Edited by katabeachbum

Dr Chusak isnt in his clinic every day all day, and especially not in low season when no charter tourists are crowding Kata/Karon, cause his other job is at the public Vachira Hospital in town. Your best shots could actually be Sat and Sunday:)

Not our experience; apart from an hour for lunch he is always IN from 7.30 -6 but sometimes takes a Sunday.

But double check by 'phone

.. Karon, Muang Phuket, Phuket, 83100, Thailand. Phone: 076330115. Mobile: 0898739350. Contact Person: Dr. Chusak Ungcharien ..

Edited by Wellington

Not our experience; apart from an hour for lunch he is always IN from 7.30 -6 but sometimes takes a Sunday.

But double check by 'phone

.. Karon, Muang Phuket, Phuket, 83100, Thailand. Phone: 076330115. Mobile: 0898739350. Contact Person: Dr. Chusak Ungcharien ..

perhaps my info is dated, since I havent needed his services for 5-6 years:)

perhaps my info is dated, since I havent needed his services for 5-6 years:)

What a lucky man!

Well thank you, but not really

Bike accident 6 weeks ago, pealed off some skin, dayly in hospital for 2 weeks, but having tried most in Phuket, thats a job I trust Bankok Hospital only.

Top notch surgents, nurses and medical supplies. At a cost.

Bike accident 6 weeks ago, pealed off some skin, dayly in hospital for 2 weeks, but having tried most in Phuket, thats a job I trust Bankok Hospital only.

It's the little things there that add up; last visit (I have an internal problem) I was charged 50bht for the cotton and plaster to cover needle hole after they took blood.

Take your own tissues!

It's the little things there that add up; last visit (I have an internal problem) I was charged 50bht for the cotton and plaster to cover needle hole after they took blood.

Take your own tissues!

Had my regular eye check-up at Bangkok Phuket last week. 9 baht for medical supplies (no idea what this is), 250 baht for medical package (I'm told this is too retrieve my medical file from records !!!), and 150 baht for medical services (I guess this is for the nurse to take the eye pressure), plus the doctors fee. Sigh sigh.

Take your own tissues!

it is expensive. could have gone to Vachira or Patong every day and cost 5k baht

or BKK cost 40k baht.

but saving 35k and risking infections, more pain due to 2nd grade supplies and sloppy work. Only ending up with almost no scares decides it. No doubt.

Phuket International on occasions better than the public, but in general not acceptable quality and close to BKK in price.

Mission is priced in between, but in general not acceptable quality

BKK price of medical is one of the prices of living here:D