Entering Thailand With Hiv

IMHO i think YES

reason

1 you guys no need visa to go to TH for short trip,nobody check you then (maybe im wrong)

2 its conference , about study ..etc so its free for people who join in that conference..especailly HIV conference

3 you can see some HIV tourists here

Bambi :o

Edited by BambinA

It is only backward countries dominted by ignorant leaders with religous agendas, like the U.S.. that proscribe HIV visitors.

Fortunately the U.S. does not require a HIV test to get a visa, so while you might be asked in your interview if you have an infectous disease, chances of not being asked the HIV question are good. If you interpret intercourse with a condom as a non-infectous event, then the answer about infectious diseases is an easy one.

It is only backward countries dominted by ignorant  leaders with religous agendas, like the U.S.. that proscribe HIV visitors.

Fortunately the U.S. does not require a HIV test to get a visa, so while you might be asked in your interview if you have an infectous disease, chances of not being asked the HIV question are good.  If you interpret intercourse with a condom as a non-infectous event, then the answer about infectious diseases is an easy one.

A little sensitive on that issue, eh pal? I support my homeland's administration of such test as prereq. to get a visa. I will try and push that through congress

"According to the law, people with communicable diseases are not allowed to enter Thailand (Chapter 2, Sec. 12 (5) Immigration Act). However, when a person enters the country for the first time, no doctor's certificate is required at the border, so that an illness (as long as is not known) does not affect the granting of a visa."

"In some cases, a doctor's certificate including an HIV test has to be presented when applying for a visa extension (especially when applying for a long-term visa or a residence permit)."

"If the HIV test result is positive, it is probable that the visa extension is rejected and therefore the applicant expelled from the country."

See this article for more info

It is only backward countries dominted by ignorant  leaders with religous agendas, like the U.S.. that proscribe HIV visitors.

Fortunately the U.S. does not require a HIV test to get a visa, so while you might be asked in your interview if you have an infectous disease, chances of not being asked the HIV question are good.  If you interpret intercourse with a condom as a non-infectous event, then the answer about infectious diseases is an easy one.

A little sensitive on that issue, eh pal?

Gratuitously unpleasant. :o

I guess I was on a bit of a tear about my home country, but as a world leader, it is a shame the current administration is so strongly driven by its religious right that it advocates erradication of aids by giving celebacy as its answer to prevention rather than condoms. Hardly a realisitic solution.

""If the HIV test result is positive, it is probable that the visa extension is rejected and therefore the applicant expelled from the country."

This information is some ill informed individuals opinion and probably some years old.

There was an extensive thread, last year, on aids and immiegration andThai imigration even got involved as one of the provinicial immigration web page administrators replied quoting as the foregoing.

He later retracted his "opinion" and advised aids is not a disqualifying disease for immigration pruposes. Only those listed clearly in the immigrations law. He even opined that if one comes to Thailand as a medical tourist for treatment, almost anything will be allowed.

I suspect that if your a "thyphoid Mary" you will be excluded, however, the annual medical check up for a retirement long stay extention doesn't include blood work and I suspect no immigration medical certificate does.

Thus I wonder in what circumstances a hiv test is required for immigration purposes, as suggested by the quote. Perhaps if your currently receiving hiv medical treatment and you go to your treating facility for a medical certificate, then in such a case perhaps your aids status would be raised in your certificate. Still not sure that would cause deportation, if your actively under treatment and have the financial resources to meet immigration standards for self sufficiency.

Thailand does require a medical for a work permit, but I don't recollect one for the marriage visa.

Either way the AIDS test is too expensive for the ususal medical cert fee

of around 100-150 baht.

TIT